Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The border is blowing up in Biden's face

To hell with our citizens. We have to take in , house , and support any and all ILLEGALS that walk across the border.

Also , if you think those now crossing are the problem , Just wait until a couple of lawyers get in on the action . I can see it now , the children we let in need mommy and daddy so we have to allow them in also.

i would ask Kevin , if low paid workers and those who will be living off our taxes are going to lift the economy , I don't see how that can happen . and I believe that those are the people that are crossing. NOT someone that is going to look to replace a person like Dave.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

They are now releasing migrants into the country without a court date which in essence means come in no laws, no order, no federal statutes.
    King Biden has decreed that you all shall come in. This is the most ridiculous and Lawless potential catastrophe that Biden and the Democrats have orchestrated and you know what they don't give a damn and their mainstream media allies are not going to say a word. The hypocrisy of it all turns my stomach. I sincerely I am very sad for the border states and the burden this is going to place on their infrastructure , crime rate and social services not to mention Covid. But like I said before they don't really give a damn.

On edit after post.

You know the more I think about it I think they want the system to fail so they can rebuild it in their likeness. Which apparently means no borders.
    Last edited by Honda; 03-21-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I would tend to agree with you if the situation was similar to the situation during the times at Ellis Island. If my research of History is correct we were not dealing with Lawless cartels who were running the show during those times. It's obvious to anyone that is following this crisis at the border closely that the cartels are completely in control South of the Border.
    I don't know about the cartel situation but if you are correct, it exists because of the desire to get into the US. Let people in and you take away the incentive for people to seek unlawful methods of entry and thereby take away a selling point by the cartels.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    To hell with our citizens. We have to take in , house , and support any and all ILLEGALS that walk across the border.

Also , if you think those now crossing are the problem , Just wait until a couple of lawyers get in on the action . I can see it now , the children we let in need mommy and daddy so we have to allow them in also.

i would ask Kevin , if low paid workers and those who will be living off our taxes are going to lift the economy , I don't see how that can happen . and I believe that those are the people that are crossing. NOT someone that is going to look to replace a person like Dave.
    I think that if your assumption is that the net effect of an increase in our population would be to increase your taxes, you might need to rethink that. They will paying taxes many types of taxes, buying things, giving employment to others through their purchases. They will be paying into Social Security and Medicare, helping save those welfare programs, this supporting those already here.

But the biggest effect will be to not only increase the pool of labor. Of the two traditional components of productive capacity, labor and capital, labor is the most inflexible. It is hard to increase the labor pool. A large increase will be followed by the capital to utilize it and the gross domestic product will increase greatly.

Then, when these new residents have children, the population will grow by a multiple. The rate of fertility for immigrants is very high relative to our present rate. Again, the US benefits.

Each wave of immigration to this country was met by the same objections you now make. We profited by each wave and by the time the next wave came, forgot once again how we were made better and stronger by the last one. It is the doom of man that he forgets.

Kev, I sincerely hope you are correct. BUT , I somehow get the feeling , when I see Hispanic looking young men , standing around at Home Depot and Lowes asking if anyone needs a worker . They are not going to pay taxes and other fees except those imposed on whatever they buy with the cash money that are paid.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

What you see at Lowes is the result of having to work and be paid under the table by people exploiting their illegal status. If they are here legally, that market dries up.

Illegal aliens have to keep a low profile and are taken advantage of because of that.

The first generation here generally occupies the bottom of the economic ladder. Their children climb higher. Give it time. This is generational change we are talking about.

Kevin I get your point about legal immigration but what's happening at the border is not legal immigration. They're just passing them straight through. The ones that do get caught are being housed like animals. and the ones they're trying to move are being bussed to various cities and dropped off and it appears ultimately some of them will be housed in hotels which will cost the taxpayer Millions upon millions of dollars. President Biden and his left wing staff are missing the boat on this one. If this was all legal, orderly and safe I probably wouldn't have made this post. Biden has created a nightmare for everyone including the immigrants. Like I said I actually think it's plausible that they want the situation to get so bad that the American public demands change and that change will be controlled by his administration and the Democrats. I think we all know what that would be, open borders.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I don't support what Biden is doing. I think he is screwing up big time.

Yes and it's sad because we could have done this the right way and let some of those poor people in and assimilate them properly into our country and give them a good head start. As it is they are going to be wandering in the street and many will end up in jail.

And in one of the best blame trump’s ever, the NYT today said that the issues on the border are partly his fault because the democrats were distracted from governing because of their obsession with him.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Illegal aliens have to keep a low profile and are taken advantage of because of that.

You have obviously never travelled to a boarder state. They do NOT keep a low profile.

And they aren’t self sufficient either. They place a burden on all public welfare services.

don"

I have stayed out of this but have to add a few facts. The economic impact of illegal immigrants is poorly understood, primarily because of where that disinformation comes from.

Here is just one piece on this subject from the PBS News Hour. I encourage you to do a search for "economics of illegal immigration", it might not be what you think it to be.

Myth #1: Immigrants take more from the U.S. government than they contribute

Fact: Immigrants contribute more in tax revenue than they take in government benefits

A 2017 report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine found immigration “has an overall positive impact on the long-run economic growth in the U.S.”

How that breaks down is important.

First-generation immigrants cost the government more than native-born Americans, according to the report — about $1,600 per person annually. But second generation immigrants are “among the strongest fiscal and economic contributors in the U.S.,” the report found. They contribute about $1,700 per person per year. All other native-born Americans, including third generation immigrants, contribute $1,300 per year on average.

It is difficult to determine the exact cost or contribution of unauthorized immigrants because they are harder to survey, but the study suggests they likely have a more positive effect than their legal counterparts because they are, on average, younger and do not qualify for public benefits.

It’s also important to note that less-educated immigrants tend to work more than people with the same level of education born in the U.S. About half of all U.S.-born Americans with no high school diploma work, compared to about 70 percent of immigrants with the same education level, Giovanni Peri, an economics professor at the University of California, Davis, said in a recent interview with PBS NewsHour.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I have stayed out of this but have to add a few facts. The economic impact of illegal immigrants is poorly understood, primarily because of where that disinformation comes from.

Here is just one piece on this subject from the PBS News Hour. I encourage you to do a search for "economics of illegal immigration", it might not be what you think it to be.
    I hear you but there's a lot of suppositions in that article. I have nothing against legal immigration all I want them to do is do it the right way and give the folks that do come in the best chance to succeed. That's not happening now.

The federal government isn’t the only provider of social welfare for these people. That npr excerpt says nothing.....

don"