Thread: And folks thought AOC was out to lunch

And folks thought AOC was out to lunch

....she is just a beginner compared to this nut house:

Today, news broke that a number of pro-Trump House Republicans, including Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), and Paul Gosar (R-AZ), are organizing the “America First Caucus,” which calls for “a degree of ideological flexibility, a certain intellectual boldness… to follow in President Trump’s footsteps, and potentially step on some toes and sacrifice sacred cows for the good of the American nation.”
    The seven-page document outlining their ideas, obtained by Punchbowl News, is a list of the grievances popular in right-wing media. It calls for regulation of “Big Tech,” which right-wing commentators claim is biased against them; an end to coronavirus lockdowns, which the authors say “have ruined many businesses to bankruptcy such that many Americans are left unemployed and potentially destitute”; opposition to “wasteful social justice programs like the Green New Deal”; support for oil and gas; and rejection of “globalist institutions.”
    And, with extraordinary clarity, it shows the ideology that underpins these positions, an ideology eerily reminiscent of that of the elite slaveholders of the 1850s American South.
    “America was founded on the basis of individual and state sovereignty,” the document says, but that federalism has been undermined by decadent and corrupt bureaucrats in Washington. The authors propose to get rid of regulation and the regulatory state, thus restoring individual freedom. This is the exact argument that animated elite slaveholders, who vowed to keep the national government small so it could not intrude on their institution of human enslavement.
    The authors of the America First Caucus platform lay out very clearly the racial argument behind the political one. America, the authors write, is based on “a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions,” and “mass immigration” must be stopped. “Anglo-Saxon” is an old-fashioned historical description that has become a dog whistle for white supremacy. Scholars who study the Medieval world note that visions of a historical “white” England are fantasies, myths that are set in an imaginary past.
    Where have all the mental institutions gone when we need them the most---or is Congress doubling as a resurrected mental asylum?

Added in edit---I just saw Kevin's earlier post on this but I will leave this stand for possibly additional clarity.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Anglo Saxon political traditions, such as monarchy, blood feuds to handle criminal activity and weregild? Oh, yes, please. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear! Trial by ordeal! Tribal units instead of states! Forced marriages! Unending war! Hi ho Silver! Away!!

When Dave and Kevin participate in a thread I have to look up words like weregild.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

A new day:
    According to CNN, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has scrapped the idea of the “America First Caucus” after considerable pushback, now claiming that she had not approved the platform released on Friday and announced by her own spokesperson.
    Of course---and trump won the election
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 04-19-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"Hey, as long as you are under that bus, you might could catch a few of those zerks by the back axle. Mighty hard to get to generally. Thanks!!"

There's a bunch of folks up there that are bat sh!t crazy. That greene woman, is one of them. At least everybody sees her for what she is and she has no credibility unlike AOC who is just plain dangerous. Same for Maxine Waters, and same for some of the others.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    ...same for some of the others.
    Yes - there seems to be a proliferation of these nuts on both sides of the aisle. The Senate President and Speaker of The House should be getting these outliers in line. If not, we need to support efforts to get them out of office.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Anyone can run for office. How or why we elect them is on us.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    How or why we elect them is on us.
    Damn. It's painful to look in the mirror. We do reap what we sow.

Time to weed, my friends.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Time to weed, my friends.

Hunter
    It's about time to smoke some weed.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    It's about time to smoke some weed.
    Was that brought to you by left or the right side of the aisle. Asking for a friend.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Yeah, we can buy Weed here now, but it's illegal to smoke it in public.

I have a Utah Cannabis Card and take marijuana by ingesting it from 10 mg (THC) gummies. They're cheap and efficient, about $25 for 20 of them. One is all it takes to make me relaxed and mellow for about 10 hours.

Hunter

Our county sheriff is saying that using marijuana, once it becomes legal in my state, will get you in dutch with the feds and put your ability to own firearms in jeopardy because it will still be a federal offense to possess the demon weed.

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Was that brought to you by left or the right side of the aisle. Asking for a friend.
    If I wanted it would be brought to me by well someone.....