Thread: White People's Caucus

White People's Caucus

Well, at least they are out in the open about it. Maybe we can get a listing of members so we can know which ones are Know Nothings.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...cal-traditions

Several House Republicans, led by Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) and Paul Gosar (Ariz.), are reportedly forming a caucus that calls for a "common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions."

A policy platform for the group, which calls itself the America First Caucus, declares that "a certain intellectual boldness is needed" in order to "follow in President Trump’s footsteps, and potentially step on some toes and sacrifice sacred cows for the good of the American nation."

The seven-page document, first obtained by Punchbowl News, is explicit in its nativist rhetoric and describes American culture as dominated by "Anglo-Saxon" and European influences.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"America is a nation with a border, and a culture, strengthened by a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions. History has shown that societal trust and political unity are threatened when foreign citizens are imported en-masse into a country, particularly without institutional support for assimilation and an expansive welfare state to bail them out should they fail to contribute positively to the country," the platform states.

In a section describing its position on infrastructure, the caucus says it will "work towards an infrastructure that reflects the architectural, engineering and aesthetic value that befits the progeny of European architecture."

I think the Native Americans found out the hard way where such boldness leads.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Extremism is contagious.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The black caucus is bigger.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Are you equating a nativist caucus to the Congressional Black Caucus? That's silly.

Since its establishment in 1971, the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) has been committed to using the full Constitutional power, statutory authority, and financial resources of the federal government to ensure that African Americans and other marginalized communities in the United States have the opportunity to achieve the American Dream. As part of this commitment, the CBC has fought for the past 48 years to empower these citizens and address their legislative concerns by pursuing a policy agenda that includes but is not limited to the following:
    reforming the criminal justice system and eliminating barriers to reentry;
    combatting voter suppression;
    expanding access to world-class education from pre-k through post-secondary level;
    expanding access to quality, affordable health care and eliminating racial health disparities;
    expanding access to 21st century technologies, including broadband;
    strengthening protections for workers and expanding access to full, fairly-compensated employment;
    expanding access to capital, contracts, and counseling for minority-owned businesses; and
    promoting U.S. foreign policy initiatives in Africa and other countries that are consistent with the fundamental right of human dignity.
    Contrast that with the goals of a nativist caucus that pushes conspiracy theories about stolen elections, warns that immigration poses an existential threat to the United States, and believes we should focus on white contributions to our history and architecture.

I've heard this sort of argument before, that "Hey, there's a Black Caucus, so we are justified in creating a White Caucus" nonsense. It equates self-help empowerment by a minority which has been a victim of racism with a group dedicated to the norms and ideals that victimized them in the first place. It is bogus argument, much like the one that says that since the NAACP requires its scholarship recipients to be African American, it is a racist organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Are you equating a nativist caucus to the Congressional Black Caucus? That's silly.

Contrast that with the goals of a nativist caucus that pushes conspiracy theories about stolen elections, warns that immigration poses an existential threat to the United States, and believes we should focus on white contributions to our history and architecture.

I've heard this sort of argument before, that "Hey, there's a Black Caucus, so we are justified in creating a White Caucus" nonsense. It equates self-help empowerment by a minority which has been a victim of racism with a group dedicated to the norms and ideals that victimized them in the first place. It is bogus argument, much like the one that says that since the NAACP requires its scholarship recipients to be African American, it is a racist organization.
    You are correct you can't be a racist unless you are white.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Just so we are on the same page, Merriam Webster includes this definition:

: the systemic oppression of a racial group to the social, economic, and political advantage of another specifically : white supremacy sense 2 institutional racism

Theoretically, nonwhite ethnic groups in the United States could engage in systemic oppression of whites but historically, that has not happened, so it remains merely a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    The black caucus is bigger.

That's a really bad pun
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    That's a really bad pun
    I didn't even catch that. Funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Funny as hell.
    Agreed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

She's a damn idiot

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    She's a damn idiot

And.. a "common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions."
    How ‘bout if one isn’t Anglo-Saxon”?

Maybe Italian-German? .. Italian-German wouldn’t have a very good historical record, at least in the first half of the 20th century..

And my in my opinion, I don’t know if she is smart.. but she does a lot of things that don’t appear smart to me..

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..