Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The border is blowing up in Biden's face

This is the Democrats and Biden's disaster. Sad we're having to depend on elected officials to sneak out pictures. The left-wing media is not going to do anything.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pho...ic-congressman
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Are undocumented immigrants eligible for federal public benefit programs?

Generally no. Undocumented immigrants, including DACA holders, are ineligible to receive most federal public benefits, including means-tested benefits such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, sometimes referred to as food stamps), regular Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Undocumented immigrants are ineligible for health care subsidies under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and are prohibited from purchasing unsubsidized health coverage on ACA exchanges.

Undocumented immigrants may be eligible for a handful of benefits that are deemed necessary to protect life or guarantee safety in dire situations, such as emergency Medicaid, access to treatment in hospital emergency rooms, or access to healthcare and nutrition programs under the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
    https://immigrationforum.org/article...blic-benefits/

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    You have obviously never travelled to a boarder state. They do NOT keep a low profile.
    There are a LOT more in the shadows than you see in public. Estimates place the total number at around 12 million. They are keeping out of sight for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    There are a LOT more in the shadows than you see in public. Estimates place the total number at around 12 million. They are keeping out of sight for the most part.
    That's even more scary.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Been that way for years.

Heck back in the 60's my folks knew some coyotes bringing in illegals that mostly worked the farms. Back in the 90's we do inspections on farm workers dwellings, mostly to condemn them but they had been used for years as living (if one could call it that). Here most of the housing boom (2000-2006) was done by I suspect illegals since few if any spoke English. To say there's 11-12 would be under estimate in my opinion.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Yep - not only have we, the South Western US, received many immigrants from Mexico - they're also reproducing at higher rates than Whites. We've watched as they have the numbers, but also power at the polls. We're seeing plenty of them win public office and work their way up through our government systems.

Our country is well known for taking immigrants. Obviously, I don't have a problem with it. As it was, so shall it be.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Border Patrol is dumping them in Gila Bend by the van loads. Gila Bend does not even have a hospital or any way of housing/ feeding them.... I don't get it.

This whole system is screwed up.. CLOSE THE BORDER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yep - not only have we, the South Western US, received many immigrants from Mexico - they're also reproducing at higher rates than Whites. We've watched as they have the numbers, but also power at the polls. We're seeing plenty of them win public office and work their way up through our government systems.

Our country is well known for taking immigrants. Obviously, I don't have a problem with it. As it was, so shall it be.

Hunter
    As it was so shall it be. That sounds good but we've never had anything like this in the history of our country. So it's never been as it was. Every other Mass migration we have had has been orderly and legal. What is happening now is not orderly and it's not legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Every other Mass migration we have had has been orderly and legal.
    Our old friend LeVoyageur would have argued that point as he considered the white settlers of the past millenium as having illegally invaded and taken lands rightfully belonging to the American Indians...But he never fully explained how the Indians came by their ownership of lands when it is known they conquered and killed the previous occupants...I believe each of us has only a tenuous foothold on the ground we occupy, and we will be merely a footnote in future, as yet unwritten, histories......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The only reason this is so disorderly is that we are trying to keep people out. Previous waves had no controls over how many came in or really any other stipulations about them. In the 1900s, all my Slavic relatives had to do was be healthy, have train fare and not be radicals. In the 1800s, my Irish relatives had zero requirements. There was not even an Ellis Island back then. On the west coast, until the Chinese Exclusion Act, Asian immigrants did not even have to deal with someone doing minimal checks. They just walked off the boat and into American cities. It is entirely natural to be alarmed at the prospect of large numbers of people with different cultures and languages trying to enter the country. We've seen this entire process many times in our history.

The front line cities looked bad when receiving these waves. The slums filled with people looking for jobs. Some famous Irish, Jewish, Italian entertainers were born in places like Hell's Kitchen and slept in packed tenements. That was 100 years ago and we forget. What we see happening now is something we've seen many times. We absorbed each new wave and each time, our country was made richer in many ways.

I'm about to sit down to a breakfast. I'm having a bagel and yogurt. People forget how at one time, this was exotic. Two generations later, it is part of the American tapestry and no one thinks of it as foreign. No need to plotz, just America "doin' it's thang."

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    O...I believe each of us has only a tenuous foothold on the ground we occupy, and we will be merely a footnote in future, as yet unwritten, histories......Ben
    Now there are some mighty memorable words

And to your Bagel comment Kevin----it was good to get back to NYC and enjoy a real bagel.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

So Kevin the answer to the problem is just let everybody in. I respect your conclusion but I clearly don't understand it at all. It seems contrary to every law and every security concern in today's world.

Every time I bring this up, it seems that what people hear is "let everyone in". That's oversimplifying.

Check to ensure that the person is not somehow objectionable or unhealthy. Then if no reason is found to justify keeping them out, let them in. We still need to be assured that people aren't going to be problematic, so it isn't just "let everyone in".

It means "let most of them in unless there is a good reason to keep them out." This will ensure that legitimate, decent people will have no need to sneak in, so anyone caught trying to enter illegally is REALLY a nogoodnik and we don't end up deporting people who are just looking for a better life.

Meanwhile, do border security like it should be for the rest of the border. A nation needs secure borders.

"let most of them in unless there is a good reason to keep them out."
    I like it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I still don't get you guys. You all are for letting them all in but you want an orderly process and legal. No argument. That is not what is happening and I don't think that's what they contemplate. I think they want to shove as many people in as fast as they can and the unfortunate ones who get put in one of Biden and the Democrats luxury accommodations they are giving them down at the border are getting the raw end of the stick. The lucky ones seem to be those that are being dumped into cities all over the Southwest without any check without anything. Some people that live in those cities are not so lucky. There's a lot of land in Utah and upstate New York maybe you guys can start a Grassroots program to try to get them brought to those areas.