Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The border is blowing up in Biden's face

The crisis is worsening day by day and the number of people heading our way is growing exponentially. The Democrats and Biden are doing nothing about it. They're going to own it. The midterms can't get here quick enough. Some entities need to start filing federal lawsuits to stop his illegal disregard for the current laws.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Journalists asked the presidential spokesperson today at the news conference why journalists were not being allowed any access whatsoever on the border and around the facilities. She commented they were working on how to do that and also maintain covid protocols at the same time. I just had to laugh my ass off.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Biden has more kids in cages than trump ever did.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Look out he's going to send them to a town near you.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...anadian-border

I think it’s funny that trump had the power to negatively influence the COVID outbreak with his big mouth, but Bidens big mouth doesn’t effect the border.

Fact: locally we have a much larger problem with asian organized crime than Mexicans. We apparently are the preferred location for growing illegal weed for CA gangs. They have to teach mandarin in our HS.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

The mainstream media's silence on this debacle it's frightening. The administration's shut down of information on the true conditions at the border is a sham to the notion of transparency. In fact the conditions look work much worse than any time I've seen in recent years reviewing the very few media reports that we are able to get access and considering remarks from a local law enforcement and local government agencies.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fir...n-border-biden

I think what we're seeing is most Americans (including journalists) see all this as an attempt to help at the border with immigrants. Obviously, there are (growing) pains. It does not lead me to think we're making mistakes. But, it does lead me to want the process to be more efficient and effective.

Having said the above, I recognize I'm not in a border state. Some of you are. I know this impacts us all differently. I hope we'll reach solutions we can accept.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

As I've said before, let them in. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    As I've said before, let them in. Problem solved. You're welcome.
    We can't let everyone in.... Where does it stop?

We talked about this before. My "let them in" comes with conditions but would let the vast majority in which would solve the problem.

And we can let in a huge number more than we do. The economy expands with the influx of labor. That is what drove our economic expansion resulting from the other huge waves of immigration our country has seen. Every single time.

Something I suggested at the very beginning of this crisis. I suggested building nice travel type hotels for the migrants. Since apparently this is going to be a ongoing massive stream of migrants for the foreseeable future. As stated above some of our citizens are in favor of letting All migrants In.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...l-rooms-report
    Last edited by Honda; 03-21-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Predictably and right on time as the crisis at the border is reaching epic proportions oh, yes you got it, it's Trump's fault.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/may...biden-policies

We might want to look into an Ellis Island type of facility to funnel people to a point of entry, giving better control over the situation. And if people basically knew they were very likely to get in through this point, they would have less incentive to find illegal ways in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We might want to look into an Ellis Island type of facility to funnel people to a point of entry, giving better control over the situation. And if people basically knew they were very likely to get in through this point, they would have less incentive to find illegal ways in.
    I would tend to agree with you if the situation was similar to the situation during the times at Ellis Island. If my research of History is correct we were not dealing with Lawless cartels who were running the show during those times. It's obvious to anyone that is following this crisis at the border closely that the cartels are completely in control South of the Border.

I bet I can find one of the hundreds of thousands homeless people in this country that would love to be put up in a free Hotel also. Again they are our citizens and our people.