Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The border is blowing up in Biden's face

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm all for orderly immigration through specified checkpoints

That does not appear to be the case right now.....

True, but we are talking about what we'd like to see as well as what the situation is presently.

My main issue with the nature of the discussion is that a false dichotomy is being presented. Either we have open borders where everyone just walks in or we have closed borders where no one is allowed in. There are plenty of other options than these two.

As for the subject itself, I'm in favor of a border policy that lets in the maximum number of people consistent with our ability to ensure we aren't letting in terrorists or criminals. Make the border secure from people sneaking in but also have a much more welcoming stance for those who just want a better life. In the long run, given our declining fertility rate, it is what is going to us prosperous into the future.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I feel we need to stop the flow of illegals into the country. We have enough on the payroll.

I don't think our fertility rate is going to make us extinct any time soon. I got a vasectomy when i was 21 so i guess I am a part of your problem statement.

I'm not explaining myself well.

I'm also of the opinion that we should stop the flow of illegals into the country. I'm not talking about just letting everyone in. If they come in, they have to be forced to go through a checkpoint by strengthening border security between checkpoints. The only way in should be at a checkpoint. That, by definition, means we are only letting in those we choose to.

Where we differ is that I'm for letting in a LOT more, after they have been checked to ensure they are not criminals or terrorists.

The problem is not that a low fertility rate will cause us to go extinct. More people means more people paying taxes, solving the issues with Social Security. It means that taxes can actually (theoretically) go down as there are more people paying in. Medicare gets saved as well. And a larger workforce means schools are funded better. Low fertility rates are a problem in the west. Japan has a very difficult time paying for its older population as does China.

Fingerprint them and do a background check then give each a SS number and a green card so they can legally work here. If people would quit paying them under the table or low wages(then claim stupidity when found to have employed them) they would be able to pay taxes.

The real problem I see is that no-one wants to give them a green card and SS number and let them in. So we bring up all the garbage that we can they got covid or this or that when the real problem is they don't look like me or act like me etc.....
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

They are bussing them to Phoenix and dropping them off at churches - again.

While I feel for them and understand their drive for a better life. We can't let them storm our borders and then be given a free ride. Like Fred alluded too, they do not pay into the system, they just take from it. We pay for them to be here.

I'd like free health care but am not offered it. Instead my health care has become more expensive and does not cover crap anymore.... And I pay into the system.

[QUOTE=FredK;1077442]Fingerprint them and do a background check then give each a SS number and a green card so they can legally work here. /QUOTE]

There are too many industries that would continue to pay day wages under the table.

Storm our borders? Who is storming? I see a lot of family units, not barbarians at the gates.

Can you explain what you are paying for them to be here? They work at low paying jobs, are not eligible for government benefits, and pay taxes. Where are you paying for them to be here? How do you conclude that they are exploiting you?

And your health care need not cost nearly as much as it does. Many other countries spend much less on health care and have demonstrably better care for their citizens.

I wonder who's buying and distributing the Biden please let us in t-shirt that is being worn by many of the migrants attempting to cross the borders.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Apparently, it is a group based in Tijuana that helps people who have migrated to the border.

I guess that's a nice gesture but from the looks of things they can you use things other than a t-shirt. Like a toothbrush or personal hygiene items. But then again those don't make a political statement.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I don't know if the source of this report is accurate but if they are this is quite alarming.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bor...taways-arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Like a toothbrush or personal hygiene items. But then again those don't make a political statement.
    They are given those items once they are bussed to phoenix and dropped off at non profit organization....

I believe businesses are still tasked with enforcing federal immigration laws with the “I-9” requirements. It was in response to businesses supposedly enabling immigration by hiring illegals. It was an unfunded mandate shoved off on businesses AGAIN. Linda and I used to go round about this. I still resent her for implying that I should be in jail for not being able to determine a forged SS card.

Now we have illegals being used as props for democrat campaign appearances. Who’s the enabler now Linda et al?

Even though things on the border are just fine, we sent the federal EMERGENCY management folks down there. Maybe we can rename them FEM&VOA. Emergency management and voter registration and outreach - perfect. I think I’ll send Boebert an email.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

CNN is now running an "Analysis" article with a title saying "Biden is still blaming Trump" for the border mess.

When CNN turns on a Democrat, "things look mighty bad for our hero.."