Thread: How can the Democrats get by with calling this covid covid relief

How can the Democrats get by with calling this covid covid relief

It's astounding. Glad good Republicans continue to support Senator Toomey in his state.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ont-approve-of
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I had the same thoughts about the 2017 tax cut. Both juice the economy, in their preferred way. I will say that tax cuts are more efficient than using government spending, but less targetable and less able to be turned into campaign issues.

Either way, I'm more of a hands off person when it comes to the economy.

Relax, nearly 10% is earmarked for fighting covid.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

One thing different between the 2017 tax cut and this bill is the relative size. The tax cut is projected to add 1.9 trillion to the national debt, but over 10 years. This bill adds most of its cost in one year. That's pretty frightening.

I remember what overstimulation of the economy led to back in the late 1970s.

Yes but there's going to be a bunch of pretty happy Democratic special interest groups filling their pocket. They're already gearing up for the midterms. I think the Democrats rightfully or wrongfully feel like they only have 2 years to push their agenda.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Likely you are right. That's what happened in 2018. Big policy win, then the next year, the House flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I think the Democrats rightfully or wrongfully feel like they only have 2 years to push their agenda.
    I agree with your assessment. And, I strongly disagree with the way these kitchen sink bills are created. It's too darn easy to roll disjointed wants and needs into them. I think bills should only target a single issue - unless there are clear tangible reasons (with full disclosure) why other issues should be included.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I agree with your assessment. And, I strongly disagree with the way these kitchen sink bills are created. It's too darn easy to roll disjointed wants and needs into them. I think bills should only target a single issue - unless there are clear tangible reasons (with full disclosure) why other issues should be included.

Hunter
    That's the best idea for reducing our debt load I've heard yet...I think it's even better than the Presidential line item veto as it reduces partisan pork...But it makes too much sense to ever pass......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter
    100% agree with that. Don't ever think it will happen though.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Two things you never want to watch being made - sausage and laws. It will make you sick.

Everyone wants more purity in their sausage but inevitably, there are additions that make it more palatable. The fat helps make it taste good.