Thread: Ouch!

Ouch!

The WSJ is in a spat with Trump. Earlier this week, they laid out how he lost the House, the Senate, and the White House during his term. The Senate was particularly falling because, they said, his harping on The Big Lie of election fraud, he depressed turnout which cost Republicans those two seats. They also brought up his fumbling away a traditional Republican state, Arizona.

Trump hit back in a statement that said, basically, "you stink!"

So the WSJ hit back today, reiterating how much was lost by following Trump and ending with this:

“Losing to Joe Biden of all people, and by 7.1 million votes as an incumbent President, must be painful. Counseling could be in order. Any good analyst will explain that the first step toward recovery is to accept reality. The same applies to Republican voters who want to win back Congress in 2022 and the White House in 2024,” the board wrote.
    Ouch! Suggesting that Trump needs to see a therapist? Meow!!

This has been enjoyable to watch. I haven't tried to introduce it here since the WSJ is closed---but without a doubt, they are having a field day on trump.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Heck, we deserve a field day too. For, we survived Trump.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

What is refreshing about it is that the WSJ is owned by Rupert Murdoch and they have been giving trump no quarter. Another one of Rupert's papers is the NY Post---and they turned on trump like a rabid dog after the election.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis