Thread: The times they are a'changin'

The times they are a'changin'

CNN has an article about a polyamorous "throuple", three gay men in a long term relationship. They engaged the services of one egg donor and two surrogates to produce children for them to raise.

They are described as a modern family unit.

Just ten years ago, I never could have imagined this configuration for a family unit. I wonder where we will be ten years from now. I guess we all reach the point where change comes too fast for us to process and we become "old". Maybe I'm there. No judgments, just a comment on how the longer I live, either the pace is picking up or I'm slowing down. Maybe both, I dunno.

Judge away or risk being accused of being so open minded your brain fell out.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

One other thought

There was, back in the 1800s, damn near a war with the LDS church and Brigham Young over the issue of plural matrimony. Before Utah was admitted to the Union, plural matrimony had to be renounced, leadi g to a split in the church.

I wonder if, in the next decade, plural matrimony - polygamy and polyandry - will become legalized.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Judge away or risk being accused of being so open minded your brain fell out.
    Way too soon for me to figure out how I feel about this.

This is a very complicated case, lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in the old Duder's head. Luckily, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.
    Last edited by Kevin; 03-06-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I don't like it and I never will......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I don't like it and I never will......Ben
    Same here! Don't get me started.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

This is a very complicated case, lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in the old Duder's head. Luckily, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.
    One of the best movies ever. Without doubt the best bowling movie. John Goodman was my favorite.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.