Thread: If Abbott's Orders Are Not Bad Enough

If Abbott's Orders Are Not Bad Enough

On top of Abbott's insane Covid miss-management, we have the feds to thank in Texas:

More than 100 illegal immigrants released by the Border Patrol into Texas since late January have tested positive for the coronavirus following their arrival, officials in a city on the U.S.-Mexico border tell Fox News.

Felipe Romero, a spokesperson for Brownsville, said Wednesday that the 108 positives represent 6.3% of the number of total migrants who have been rapid-tested at the city’s main bus station, where they are being released by the Border Patrol. Rapid testing of the individuals began there on Jan. 25.

SOURCE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Well, they were told to quarantine, so all is good. I'm sure it was a very stern warning. And just as soon as the young lady interviewed travels by bus across country to her destination in North Carolina, she likely will. All good.

I have to wonder if this was not the result of a "local" decision made by Border Guards, many of whom were loyal to and supportive of trump.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I checked into the order of events. The family groups are part of the catch and release. They are processed by the Patrol, then given a parole for them to appear at a future date in front of an immigration judge, then taken to the bus stop to continue their journey, normally to where they have family waiting.

They are tested after they leave BP custody.

Of course, there is always more to the story. Abbott is stalling federal funds that would assist locals in dealing with this issue:

DHS has already set plans in motion to use Federal Emergency Management Agency funds to support community efforts to test, isolate and quarantine migrants released from Border Patrol custody, the official told CNN. But the grant money needs to be approved by the state before it can be distributed to border communities. CNN previously reported plans were underway to use FEMA funds to help localities acquire tests.

As of Wednesday, Texas had not yet provided a response to the administration since engaging with the Department of Homeland Security.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/polit...ing/index.html

I did see that earlier---I don't know about anyone else but this kind of lies makes me angry---they are insults. These dumb buggers have the audacity to think that everyone is going to suck up their lies without ever questioning what they say.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I do require a bit more professionalism when people are lying to me. I listened to The Former Guy for five years and all I could think was "man, put your back into it, you're hardly trying!"

Where's Bill Clinton when you need him? That guy could really lie. You just had to admire the talent at prevarication. Smooth. Sincere. Ah, the great ones made it look so easy...