Thread: TWELVE COMMANDMENTS FOR SENIORS

TWELVE COMMANDMENTS FOR SENIORS

#1 - Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

#2 - "In Style" are the clothes that still fit.

#3 - You don't need anger management. You need
    people to stop pissing you off.

#4 - Your people skills are
    just fine. It's your tolerance for idiots that needs work.

#5 - The biggest lie you tell yourself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it."

#6 - "On time" is when you get there.

#7 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it sure does
    muffle the sound..

#8 - It would be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for 10 minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller!

#9 - Lately, you've noticed people your age are so much older than you.

#10 - Growing old should have taken longer.

#11 - Aging has slowed you down, but it hasn't shut you up.

#12 - You still haven't learned to act your age
    and hope you never will..

. . . And one more:

"One for the road" means peeing before you leave the house.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I used to look at people that fit those rules and say, "Damn, I hope I never get that old"...Now I'm glad I did......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My Dad always says - Never pass up the chance to use the restroom, never waist an erection and never trust a fart...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    My Dad always says - Never pass up the chance to use the restroom, never waist an erection and never trust a fart...
    It's excellent advice---too damn bad that most of us have to learn those lessons the hard way
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis