Thread: Reviving the Iran Nuclear Deal

Reviving the Iran Nuclear Deal

So Biden sent a double message: he isn't afraid to use force but isn't a hothead.

And despite having issues with Saudi Arabia, he isn't going to fundamentally change that strategic relationship despite having to deal with people like MBS.

He may be able to revive the nuclear deal and is talking about wanting to include missiles, something Obama could not get and which weakened the earlier accord. Is reviving the accord a good thing or a bad thing?

I think it is a good thing but I think eventually, Iran will have a nuclear bomb. If we couldn't keep a pariah state like North Korea from joining the club, I don't think a much more connected state such as Iran can be kept out of the club.

I don't think Israel will ever allow Iran to have a nuke.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Population of Israel: 9 million

Population Iran: 84 million

Iran isn't Syria.

Israel has way better weapons than Iran. Plus they have bigger gonads than the jolly green giant and are willing to do whatever it takes.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

True enough. Plus Israel knows it would be a war of extinction - theirs - if they ever got into it with Iran.

It would be a toss up, I think. Ten times more people means a lot of reserves. But Israel has faced some pretty long odds before. It won't be pretty, either way. My uncle converted to marry my aunt. He says that everyone in his circle believes eventually there will be a conflict, and over the issue of Iran getting a nuke.