Thread: When all else fails

When all else fails

Give yourself the last word, instead of the voters. GA and AZ are on the path. Odd that it is a Republican initiative in both cases.

Under a new proposed amendment to the Arizona constitution, introduced by a Republican state senator, the legislature would meet in a special session the Monday after Election Day to "review or, if needed" the results of the election, a provision some Republicans have said is needed after the November election.
    GOP Sen. David Gowan, the bill's sponsor, said the legislation "is not meant to override the vote of the people," but provides a process for auditing the election."
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/polit...lls/index.html

I am both angry and embarrassed by the so called "Republicans" ---henceforth to be republicans and the numerous attempts across many states (including my own) to suppress the vote---and there is nothing else you can call it.

I have said this before and I will say it again----I might not agree with how everyone votes but I will defend their right to vote and to do so without hindrance. There is nothing more basic to our form of government than the right to vote and for the republicans (or anyone else) to attempt to subvert that right is simply unacceptable.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis