Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Well, it is good to see someone sticking up for mean-spirited ugliness! Surely, a cause whose time has come, based on my observations of the last few years.

Language changes, CC. You are talking biology. That is "sex". "Gender" is different concept. "Gender" used to be a synonym for "sex" but that changed. Languages do that. That's why Shakespeare's plays often have footnotes to explain wording.

After all, being "intoxicated" used to mean "to be shot with a poisoned arrow", after the word "toxikon", an arrow poison used by the Spartans. Now, it means to be drunk. Times change and language changes to express new ideas. So it goes.
Silly word games.

The original meaning of “gender” was to describe whether you were a biological male or female.

Since then enlightened society has added fifty something cutsie descriptors around sexual orientation. More word games.

If you choose to jump offa bridge as some demographics are want to do, your dna will say you are a male or female. Are we able yet to determine sexual orientation? I’m asking because I obviously don’t keep up with woke society.