Thread: Neera Tanden

Neera Tanden

Anyone watching this confirmation?

Her qualifications are not in question. Her tart tongue is. Republicans have all of a sudden become aware of mean tweets, after ducking them for five years from The Former Guy. So, hypocrisy. I know, from a politician, right? What a surprise.

I don't think Democrats want her so much as they want to appease the left left left wing, so their support of her is not genuine. More hypocrisy.

In the end, I betcha Biden will pull the nomination because he couldn't get a Republican to vote for her, throw his hands up to the far left of his party and say "Hey, we tried, we just couldn't do it". Like the Lays Potato Chip jingle. Biden doesn't want a loss, unless he wants to bolster his bona fides with the left wing even more and give a bone to Republicans for ramming through the COVID package. In that case, he'll take it to a vote.

Then they'll go get someone moderate, which is what they likely wanted in the first place, and Republicans will confirm her unanimously. Everyone goes away with something, including Tanden, who will become a CNN pundit.

I'm not in favor of her at all. Gotta get along with Congress, and she won't.

I'm of the same opinion. This makes the old adage; "words matter" come home to haunt those who forget that. From her former position, with a liberal think tank, she likely never considered that her lampooning of the right might have future consequences.

Time to move on.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis