Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiger really needs to hire a driver.....

With all the golf jokes tee’d up here, and you goobers are comparing scars?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Did you hear how many times it flipped, and how FAR it went after leaving the road? He must have been flying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    With all the golf jokes tee’d up here, and you goobers are comparing scars?
    He really shanked that one off into the rough....

I did ask my wife Bo and got a non-committal answer.

Here is her response---the mind has a tremendous ability to protect itself, and blocking (as opposed to forgetting) the memory of a traumatic experience is one of those self defense mechanisms. It is not common as seems to be the case here but she also did not say it was rare. The blocking often entails a broader period of time.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I can understand that. I hear it all the time from first time Tandem passengers, they state they don't remember exiting the plane. Their brain is not use to falling more than a few feet and shuts down.

I got hit by a car while I was a child. I was on a motorcycle with my father. I got spanged off the bike and slid on my face. Compound fractures upper and lower leg, skin peeled off on the backs of both hands and arms as I protected my face.

I crawled out of the road on all fours and sat down on the curb to wait for the ambulance while my father pushed the bones in to try to stop the bleeding. The skin on my hands and arms hung off.

At the time, I never felt a thing. This was 1967, in Athens GA, and my father was a professor at UGA. The UGA football team doctors saved my legs. At no time from when I got hit until the put me under at the hospital about an hour later was I aware that anything had happened except that I had fallen off the bike. I kept apologizing for being careless.

Oh, damn what a bad experience!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

So Keven, do you still ride? Not a trick question.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Yep. Ever since I got my license at 16. My mother thinks she must have dropped me on my head at some point.

But I never forgot one thing my father said - he saw it coming and reached down for more power to get out of the way but the little bike didn't have it.

Since then, all my vehicles have plenty of power. My bike is a six cylinder Valkyrie.

You are a fortunate man, Kevin.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead