Thread: Did NYPD and the FBI Kill Malcom X?

Did NYPD and the FBI Kill Malcom X?

This has the makings of a huge scandal!

The three daughters of slain Civil Rights-era leader Malcolm X are calling for the investigation into his murder to be re-opened, citing a deathbed confession from a former undercover police officer who said the NYPD and FBI conspired to kill the Black activist in 1965.
    Article
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I remember those days. Unfortunately, it is not out of the realm of possibility.

I just had a strange thought---in the early 70's I worked on the Malcom X Elementary School in Baltimore Md. I wondered with all the "cleansing" of monuments and building's names if it had undergone a name neutering---but not so---it remains the Malcom X Elementary School.

The last time that I was there was to "fix" an HVAC control problem---that was cronic---I think I was the third or fourth sent to fix it. Anyway, fix it I did---the complaining was coming from one woman and she was eternally cold. The was in the days of pneumatic controls and the old style mechanical thermostats. The stat was set at 70 and she wanted 74 but informed me on no uncertain terms the room never got to 74. There was no sense in telling her that there was a central control that only allowed the room stats +/- 2 F of range.

I took the stat off the wall, went to the mechanical room, took the front off---bent the pointers 4 degrees, put it back on the wall and life was good.

More importantly, I noticed that the panic hardware on all but the front exit door were chained and padlocked. I went to the office and got the principle and showed him while explaining that was a horrible code violation---to which he said---"I know". He went on to explain to me that if those doors were not chained shut he wouldn't have a school left.

I, just recalled another detail---all the plumbing vents had "goose necks" (180 deg) terminations---that prevented the local explosive experts from dropping "chit" down the vents and blowing the fixtures up
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis