Thread: This is why I wear a kevlar vest when I work these areas

This is why I wear a kevlar vest when I work these areas

Fire Fighter and AMR Paramedic shot in Antioch Drive By. Contra Costa County, CA

https://www.sfgate.com/news/bayarea/...f-15967374.php

Shooter is out of Stockton.. Gangbanger city
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

A 31-year-old firefighter was shot in the foot and a 58-year-old paramedic was shot in the leg.
    If the punk had been a better shot, your vest might have come in handy for either of them...As it is, let's hope the shooter doesn't survive the upcoming interrogation......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Hope they both recover without further problems.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Glad they caught the bastard. I have been advocating for years that at least one firefighter per unit should be able to have a weapon to protect the crew.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    ...I have been advocating for years that at least one firefighter per unit should be able to have a weapon to protect the crew.
    The 2017 Texas Legislature passed a bill allowing first responders who have a license to carry to carry their firearms into restricted areas. Of course, the governor signed the bill.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I almost forgot!

For many years, my department commissioned and trained some members of our local EMS as reserve deputies so they could legally carry firearms on the ambulances. They all had the state required training to be a peace officer prior to acceptance. I don't know if that continues, but I'll bet it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hope they both recover without further problems.
    Amen.

Not sure your vest covers legs and feet, though.

Stay safe.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Firefighters around here are prohibited from carrying weapons. However that doesn't mean they don't.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The 2017 Texas Legislature passed a bill allowing first responders who have a license to carry to carry their firearms into restricted areas. Of course, the governor signed the bill.
    I like it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I wouldn't let half of the EMTs I know put a bandaid on me Let alone trust them to carry a firearm safely
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I wouldn't let half of the EMTs I know put a bandaid on me Let alone trust them to carry a firearm safely
    Yikes!