Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASA to land on Mars tomorrow...

Multi screens are great--I can work and keep an eye on this at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_j...el=PBSNewsHour
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Amazing---what a ride----congratulations to the entire NASA team

The heart beat signal was a nice touch
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"Well, there goes the neighborhood!"

Very cool stuff!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Amazing to see the connections our people have to this space stuff. Cool to see.

My late Father In Law was one of the head engineers on the Space Shuttle boosters that blew up Shuttle Columbia. 7 Astronauts died as a result. He never got over it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

That would be hard to get over....

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Amazing to see the connections our people have to this space stuff. Cool to see.

My late Father In Law was one of the head engineers on the Space Shuttle boosters that blew up Shuttle Columbia. 7 Astronauts died as a result. He never got over it.

Hunter

Did he work a little north of SLC? My son has an internship at one of the big companies in that hood. In their space division. He is beyond excited.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I assume you are talking about the former Morton Thiokol complex west of Ogden---now Northrop Grumman--is that correct?

I have not seen an update on the Perseverance mission this morning---has anyone seen one?

Yes. He would be appalled to know I mentioned that on “social media”.

Get the NASA app at the app store. It’s worth your time. Sign up for the pic of the day also.

don"

Got it---thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Did he work a little north of SLC?
    Yes. He worked at Thiokol up near Brigham City. We'd get invited to the test firings of the booster engines. Up until the Columbia disaster, those were good times.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Didn’t Morton Thiokol also damn near level Vegas?

don"

I'm a bit miffed as to why I am finding so little current information on the NASA site---and then the best seems to be on Facebook

Added in edit:

While everyone has their eyes on Mars, our cosmos reporter can’t stop thinking about Titan, Saturn’s strange moon. For the first time, researchers recently measured the depth of Kraken Mare, an ocean of methane on Titan.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 02-21-2021 at 10:49 AM.