Thread: Two for two

Two for two

My poor wife is in surgery, the second in two weeks.
    It is also the fourth in the past 12 months.

She has had two fusions and now two attempts to remove a spinal stimulator so they can do MRIs.

She is a trooper!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I should have said laminectomy, with fusions but I had to check the spelling

My wife had the same procedures. I hope your wife has better results.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Godspeed to you both, Dave......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Thanks guys.
    The surgeon told her this morning that he thinks her current problems are not in her lumbar but in her neck which they did a laminectomy and fusion on three vertebrae about 15 years ago.

I'm aware of the procedure. My doctors have advocated I do it. But, one of them told me, "Get this done if you determine you're in such bad shape that you are willing to accept you may end up in worse shape afterwards. I chose not to proceed.

May your wife find this procedure meets all her needs.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    All of the best to Ms. G..

I’ve had a knee replaced and a cataract removed.. both are better than before but not as advertised..

I took her to a world renowned surgeon in NYC about 8 years ago and he refused at that point to operate on her lumbar saying it was not worth the risk.
    By last February she had deteriorated to the point of needing a wheelchair to get into the hospital.

That's bad news, Dave. I hope this new surgery helps a lot. I know from living with my wife how painful spinal problems can be. She was virtually bedridden because of the pain.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I have to give my wife tremendous credit---she lives with and tolerates tremendous pain daily, some worse than others but none are good. We have an adjustable bed and that is the most comfortable place for her and on some days she stays there most of the day. But--she still does housework and shopping through it all. She also has one replacement knee and two replacement hips. She stopped swimming when the COVID came back so strong but says she is going back on the first of March when I go back to the office. She was swimming three days a week. I hope she can do that, it seems to help her pain.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That's amazing!

Hope it all goes well.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'