Thread: When you don't have Donald Trump to kick around any more

When you don't have Donald Trump to kick around any more

Frank Bruni in The NY Times has an interesting perspective this morning.

He shows two examples of stories that did not get full investigation because of the Trump factor - the idea that Trump was so awful, he pretty much consumed the attention of everyone.

The first example is the Lincoln Project and how the founders couldn't keep their pants on, sexually harassing young men, including perhaps some that were underage, with all the grossness and illegality of grooming by a potential pedophile. More conventionally, he talks about how founders lined their pockets with donations.

The second example is Cuomo's treatment of elderly people during the pandemic, from sending potentially contagious nursing home residents back into nursing homes unequipped to handle them to hiding data about just how many died during that process. Someone ought to go to jail over this. People died.

Bruni comes at this from a "not being able to hide behind Trump anymore" perspective.

As a sidenote, recall that this is the New York Times. They might not be the bogeyman conservatives seem to assume they are. Just sayin'...

I have to warn you about your closing statement Kevin, someone here who has never even read the NYT will be along with the copyrighted proposition of all the rabid right talking heads.

If CNN is correct, two high-ranking military females had promotions withheld because their male counterparts were convinced Trump would not approve them. I'm not sure which scenario is worse - that Trump would do that, or, that our military leaders believed he would do that.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead