Thread: There's a new one born every day

There's a new one born every day

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Ah... now I get it. My wife was telling me about this same video she saw today. I didn't get it at the time - now I do.

Thank you.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

He's lucky that was thin ice or he may have been knocked out....

He got lucky on a number of fronts.

Just being dropped into cold water like that can shock the system enough to cause heart arrhythmia, loss of muscular control, etc. Just the initial dunking can cause you to take a deep breath involuntarily, filling your lungs with water. Hypothermia sets in very quickly. You get disoriented and start working against yourself.

Pulling yourself onto that thin ice is danged near impossible. Most commonly, you need an ice awl or something to get yourself on top of the ice.

I've been dunked unexpectedly into freezing water and it was no joke. He's a lucky man. That ice didn't look strong enough to hold a child. I like 3 inches or more.

I’ve never been to Facebook that I know of. To me going there at this stage of the game would be like starting smoking at 60.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.