Thread: Seven minutes ago in the WSJ

Seven minutes ago in the WSJ

...and the parade begins

The NAACP, on behalf of Rep. Bennie Thompson (D., Miss.), filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday against former President Donald Trump and his former personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, accusing them of conspiring to incite the violent riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The lawsuit also names two right-wing groups, Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. Some members of each group have been arrested in connection with the attack, which left five people, including one police officer, dead.

The lawsuit, filed in Washington alleges that Messrs. Trump and Giuliani and members of the two groups attempted to disenfranchise millions of Black voters by preventing Congress from fulfilling its official duties to certify election results—which they allege violates the 1871 Ku Klux Klan Act. That law allows suits seeking compensation for constitutional violations.

Lawmakers were in the process of certifying President Biden’s electoral victories on Jan. 6 when the rioters swarmed the Capitol, halting the process for hours. Lawmakers and aides were rushed out of the House and Senate chambers, huddling in office buildings and, in some cases, hiding for hours until law enforcement was able to end the riot. Videos played during the impeachment trial showed the mob coming close to finding aides hiding in the Capitol.
    I have this image of all the shyster lawyers lining up to help trump spend his money
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Next up, BLM. This should be productive.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...and the parade begins

I have this image of all the shyster lawyers lining up to help trump spend his money
    Hell yes as long as the lawyers get rich I could care less.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I forsee a quick dismissal.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Stunt.

Pass.