Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Midwest including parts of Texas is in for it

Your posts remind me of one of our midwinter road trips. We went down through the deep south with the temperature approaching single digits and all those poor folks were wearing their entire closet, they reminded me of the Michelin man. Many would have been unable to fall down, they would only list to the side.

Sunday is going to be a killer around here... 68* for the high..

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Sunday is going to be a killer around here... 68* for the high..
    Run up the road apiece to Flagstaff and you won't be able to say the same. Lol
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That's one of the advantages of living here. 2 hours north I can be in the snow in the winter and 4 hours south I can be on the beach in the summer..... Otherwise I'm sitting in paradise (for me).

Phoenix is glorious in February. I have been that time of year many times. Best weather in the country this time of year.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yeah, people come to Scottsdale from all over the world this time of year. This year is different and has been kind of nice with less people around. I know it's bad for business but is a change to be able to get a seat at our favorite dinning spots. Typically we avoid trying to go out Feb-April.. Some of the larger events have been scaled back Barret Jackson has been delayed and the Phoenix Open which normally sees 150-200K people a day for 3 days only allowed 5000 people through the gates each day... Not sure what will happen with Spring Training...

Tourism is taking a hit but I'm enjoying the discounted rounds at some of the nicer golf courses that are normally priced way above what I'm willing to pay this time of year.

Freezing rain now developing north of Houston so Ben I hope you're ready

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Ben I hope you're ready
    My tenant says she's warm and toasty upstairs...We both know how to drip a faucet, and I just changed the heat filter...The gas bill is paid up, the only if is whether the electricity stays on...It's supposed to reach 17° tonight and 11° tomorrow night......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

OK, that's mighty cold for your parts. And I don't just mean your section of the country, I mean your PARTS!!!

I have three different thermometers manufactured by three different makers that all agree that it is 25° now. It's supposed to go down to 15° tonight. Tomorrow's high is predicted to be 19° and tomorrow night 5°. That's way damn colder than it is supposed to get here. I'm worried about the water lines. We don't insulate in Texas the way it's done up North.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

It cracks me up that the weather only starts when it gets across the rockies. But yeah, you guys are gunna get whacked.

My view this morning. 4’ drifts . Good thing I have a good plow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6BD36E40-E118-419E-99E4-2502415108DA.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	328.7 KB 
ID:	37892  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E95964F6-3488-4F96-A54C-16FE6FF227F4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	223.0 KB 
ID:	37893  

"Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I gots one of those, but it doesn't have the stinger thingy on the back! Hope I don't need it.

The thing is, you are prepared for it because it comes every year. We are not. It could be a once in a lifetime event for some folks.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I hear ya. I wouldn’t be able to live here comfortably without that Cat. I started out on an open cab JD510 when I moved here.

I have a neighbor in the mountains who has a big place down in San Antonio. He said he has never seen an ice storm like this before. Lost some big trees. He sent me this pic of a prickly pear this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970F12B0-75CA-4052-B247-8EC7ED2DFEC4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	256.2 KB 
ID:	37894  

"Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Crazy weather all over. We are actually going to get a break from the snow latter today and into tonight---it's going to rain. The rub is the air temperatures will be in the 20's

That is about as bad as it gets---if the ice build up is bad we will be without power
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That is about as bad as it gets---if the ice build up is bad we will be without power
    Agreed...I've lived through two ice storms where I'm at now, don't want another one......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...