Thread: The Midwest including parts of Texas is in for it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Midwest including parts of Texas are in for it

Was looking at the weather this morning all of Oklahoma and a huge part of Texas is covered under a winter storm warning. Hope the members that are affected by this are ready for this event because it seems to be somewhat unusual.
    Last edited by Honda; 02-13-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Right now it's cloudy and calm at 34° in the middle of the afternoon here...We're told to expect single digit temps beginning Monday...I hear the panic is on at the grocery stores...I can outlast a few days of wintry weather as long as the electricity holds out......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Just talked to my daughter in northern Washington State and she has quite a bit of snow in her area.

May our people, their friends and family, be safe.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We are coated in a half inch of ice... a kizillion times worse than snow..

I do hope that all are safe..

17 below last night, but we are accustomed to it. We don't use salt up here in the winter - too cold. We use sand. And I'd like to intone about how we are all experts in winter driving up here but when only six cars a day go past the house and the nearest hamlet is 12 miles away and has 150 people, your biggest danger driving is breaking down, actually, and being in the huge cell phone dead zone in the mountains.

PANIC building here in N W Louisiana. I sometimes wonder about the sanity of 95% of the population when it comes to weather
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Your posts remind me of one of our midwinter road trips. We went down through the deep south with the temperature approaching single digits and all those poor folks were wearing their entire closet, they reminded me of the Michelin man. Many would have been unable to fall down, they would only list to the side.

Sunday is going to be a killer around here... 68* for the high..

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Sunday is going to be a killer around here... 68* for the high..
    Run up the road apiece to Flagstaff and you won't be able to say the same. Lol
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That's one of the advantages of living here. 2 hours north I can be in the snow in the winter and 4 hours south I can be on the beach in the summer..... Otherwise I'm sitting in paradise (for me).

Phoenix is glorious in February. I have been that time of year many times. Best weather in the country this time of year.