Thread: Fresh from the Garden

Fresh from the Garden

It's been a couple of weeks since I went out to the garden. Rain and cold temperatures told me to stay away!

Today, I went out to see how things were going after a few freezes.
    Most of my winter garden was okay, considering the freezes. The cabbages were great. The Brussels Sprouts were doing good. I picked a few for dinner. The Broccoli was doing good on the secondary heads. Picked some of them too.

Inside, I cooked some minced bacon, added some diced potatoes and onions. Cooked that for a while and added some precooked pork tenderloin some sliced mushrooms, the Brussels Sprouts and fresh Broccoli. Damn good eats!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

That is a treat we don't get up here---we have to depend on the grocery store for fresh produce.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis