Thread: “Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act”

“Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act”

I know, lets talk about gun control. Even before Daves favorite congressperson introduced articles of impeachment, Sheila Jackson Lee tossed this turd out there. I’m sorry, but I don’t have the stomach to paste the text at the moment. :puke:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...x4SoJKPIQLD86Q

Just leave me the hell alone.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Right---I'll send my list in tomorrow----but don't forget the mail isn't very rapid these days
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm not reading anything authored by Sheila Jackson Lee. She is from Houston and a well known idiot.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    She is from Houston and a well known idiot.
    Not that the two necessarily spawn each other, but in this case it happened as a prime example......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Obviously she isn't a solo act---she keeps getting reelected
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Obviously she isn't a solo act---she keeps getting reelected

There is no correct way to say it these days, but she is a liberal minority who represents a district of almost nothing but liberals of the same minority. She's in for life.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

"Sabika Sheikh was among 10 students and staff slain Friday at Santa Fe High School. The alleged shooter is 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis, who is being held on capital murder charges."
    - Associated Press

A sad day for Santa Fe.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    "Sabika Sheikh was among 10 students and staff slain Friday at Santa Fe High School. The alleged shooter is 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis, who is being held on capital murder charges."
    - Associated Press

A sad day for Santa Fe.

Hunter
    A very sad day indeed.

Santa Fe is a small town South of Houston. It is not in Sheila Jackson Lee's congressional district.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    There is no correct way to say it these days, but she is a liberal minority who represents a district of almost nothing but liberals of the same minority. She's in for life.
    A dumbed down version of AOC

Not that it makes it any better, but the school shooting that lead to this bill being named the “Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act” and that Bill mentioned was in 2018:
    Sabika Sheikh was killed in a May 2018 shooting at Santa Fe High School near Houston that left 10 people dead and at least 13 others wounded. The Sabika for Peace Foundation will provide university scholarships to low-income Pakistani women.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 02-01-2021 at 03:50 PM.

i am trying to think of a way to express my opinion of the bill and the author of it. After careful consideration , I believe it will be better if I refrain from commenting .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

And now the House sends legislation to the Senate.

Does this mean I can’t pass my guns down to my kids? I assume all private transactions will be a crime.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/6923667002/
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.