Thread: The military has a problem with white supremacy

The military has a problem with white supremacy

A defense official told The Hill that of the 143 notifications of investigation the Pentagon received from the FBI last year of former and current military members, 68 concerned domestic extremism cases. The official stressed that the vast majority were former military, many with unfavorable discharge records.

Still, roughly one-third of active-duty service members said they had “personally witnessed examples of white nationalism or ideological-driven racism within the ranks in recent months,” according to a 2019 poll conducted by the Military Times and the Syracuse University Institute for Veterans and Military Families.

“We know that some groups actively attempt to recruit our personnel into their cause, or actually encourage their members to join the military for purpose of acquiring skills and experience,” a senior Defense official told reporters earlier this month.

To address the issue, the Pentagon is now conducting a review of its policies on extremist activity in the services.

The Defense Department’s inspector general also plans to look into whether the agency has adequate procedures in place to prevent those with extreme views from entering and staying in the military, as ordered in the fiscal 2021 NDAA that became law before former President Trump left office.

But lawmakers don’t plan to wait for the results of those two reviews before taking action.

“We must better vet recruits for extremist ideologies, tackle the issues of white supremacy and domestic terror in an organized and bipartisan process and focus on ensuring our military academies are training the next generation of leaders that look like America,” said Brown, a top member of the House Armed Services Committee and member of the Congressional Black Caucus.
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-from-military

Investigate, find them, put them to trial in a court-martial if convicted put them in jail and dishonorably discharge them. We can't have a military full of people acting like they're in the Ku Klux Klan. Get rid of them now all of them. Surely they can find some kind of a panel that can determine if someone is a white supremacist..
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Just saw some very good news that might help replace some of the white supremacist that may have to be removed from the service. It seems President Biden will lift the ban on transgender individuals tomorrow so that they can serve in the United States military. That should spike a rather large number of people seeking to enlist in the military.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Just saw some very good news that might help replace some of the white supremacist that may have to be removed from the service. It seems President Biden will lift the ban on transgender individuals tomorrow so that they can serve in the United States military. That should spike a rather large number of people seeking to enlist in the military.
    Good news? Are they going to wear dresses into battle?? Another load of welfare dependents that will be on disability once out. Their heels broke and they can 't wear their favorite shoes.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Good news? Are they going to wear dresses into battle?? Another load of welfare dependents that will be on disability once out. Their heels broke and they can 't wear their favorite shoes.
    Probably the same thing was said about women when they first were allowed in. Ask Tammy Duckworth about being a sissy.

Twenty countries allow openly transgender people to serve. Israel, for one. Never heard of their military being called pushovers.

The anti war crowd always has good suggestions for improving the military

As I said in another thread, America has a disgruntled white guy problem. Critical thinkers would ask themselves why.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Thats a very narrow minded view.

I wish the military success in this endeavor. But, I remember how sexist it was, even though it was illegal for it to be sexist. Simply put, my Commanders told us to call any female soldiers derogatory names. And, if we refused, we were mistreated and punished. I still cringe when telling my wife how we were ordered to harass females. For, I did not stand up to those people out of fear.

Fortunately, I finally found a Colonel I trusted and respected. When I came out of the Army I went to work for him. He and a friend of his were asked to go into Iraq and set up a prison system. Once up and operational, the U.S. government fired them and things de-escalated quickly. In particular, bad things happened at a prison compound called Abu Ghraib. The result is a stain on our history there.

But, I did have two nephews go to Iraq as boys and come back as men. One is now a businessman in Mexico City and the other stayed in the Army and just obtained the rank of Lt. Colonel in Seattle. We all take different paths, my friends. Interestingly, like most of my nephews, they both married Mexican women (who recently became American Citizens).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Thats a very narrow minded view.
    I agree with you but I really don't see it happening any other way. Any comparison with Israel has no place in the discussion, a completely different people a completely different mindset. I've tried to look at it quite a few ways but I still come up with the same conclusion. Not all of course there is always an exception.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Mindsets here, not in Israel, are the problem. All these arguments, in one shape or another, were used against blacks, women, Japanese, Catholics, you name it. Same arguments, different targets, for any attempts to give opportunity to fellow Americans.

I agree with you but I really don't see it happening any other way. Any comparison with Israel has no place in the discussion, a completely different people a completely different mindset. I've tried to look at it quite a few ways but I still come up with the same conclusion. Not all of course there is always an exception.
    Sorry but you come off as an ass... Not all transgender are men becoming a woman. I know a trans male that could kick your ass and he was born a female..

Just throwing a thought out---I have no hard position on this.

I suspect there has been a fundamental shift in recruits. Under the draft recruits were, for the most part, a cross section of society---with the uncommon exception of some ass wipe with a bone spur. That balanced cross section is no longer there. I think the current recruits represent particular segments of our society that are more drawn to radicle thinking.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis