Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get back!!!

Get back!!!

At 8:15 tonight I got a call to schedule me for vaccination

It's on February 27 at 7:10 am in Bethlehem, about 25 miles north east.

I think I will leave home sometime on the 25th, just to make sure I am there
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I should add that I had preregistered this week with the county and two different hospitals. The call tonight came from the last hospital where I registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    At 8:15 tonight I got a call to schedule me for vaccination

It's on February 27 at 7:10 am in Bethlehem, about 25 miles north east.

I think I will leave home sometime on the 25th, just to make sure I am there

Glad you got a date! I've registered with four places so far.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

When you get your shots they will give you a card similar to this make sure you don't lose it and make multiple electronic copies. soon you will be required to show it to do many everyday things.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pfizer Covid 19 Vaccination record.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	37841
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Your papers please.......

It's the first time I've looked forward to getting a shot.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Woo Hoo! I just got scheduled for this coming Saturday @ 10:20 AM!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Woo Hoo! I just got scheduled for this coming Saturday @ 10:20 AM!
    You lucky duck!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I've spent a lot of time on the computer looking for an appointment. The one I found is 34 miles away at a neighboring county's convention center and it was not there yesterday. Keep looking and you might find something sooner as the availability of the vaccine seems to be very dynamic.

I'm still on the wait list at two others and I keep looking for more!

I went back to verify the address I'm supposed to go to and almost all of the appointment times were taken. I was put into a waiting list to make an appointment. My place in line was #4085! I just got damned lucky to find the website and get an appointment before word got out.

1st Shot , ThursdayJan 28 . 12 - 2 PM at the Fair grounds . Drive through , get shot , go to waiting area for 15 - 30 min. Go home. Done with # 1 .

Was re scheduled after they ran out a week ago.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    1st Shot , ThursdayJan 28 . 12 - 2 PM at the Fair grounds . Drive through , get shot , go to waiting area for 15 - 30 min. Go home. Done with # 1 .

Was re scheduled after they ran out a week ago.
    Oh----sure---go ahead and brag why don't ya

J/K LV---good for you

Guys make sure you get the shot in your non dominant arm or if you can only sleep on one side of your body get it on the UP shoulder. Trust me on this, your shoulder will be sore. Every EMS professional that has received shots agree that a sore shoulder is an almost universal side effect.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Good to know.