Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Get back!!!

How do I track down gun shows in my area? Still looking for a shotgun.

It's simple but I don't remember what area of Arizona you are. Remind me and I will do a search.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    How do I track down gun shows in my area? Still looking for a shotgun.
    Poke here podnuh......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Great news on the shot Ben, now you have double protection. Like Mike said this is a non event

Bo, I have a 12 ga double for sale. It is a Parker Bros BE grade, two sets of barrels with no signs of ever been fired .

Make sure you have something soft to land on when he tells you the price, Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Make sure you have something soft to land on when he tells you the price, Bo.
    In fact, have Nurse Paula whack you in the head with a cast iron skillet just before you read it, it'll hurt less......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Thanks a lot guys---here I am just trying to help Bo out and you stand in the way of a little commerce.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I got my first shot today...When they emailed me I had to sign up on the hospital website and they gave me a choice of appointment times, all ten minutes apart...I chose today at 1400 hours...I figured I'll go in sign some papers, show some ID and go home...No...

I got to the designated place at 1345 and joined a procession of cars backed up for several blocks outside the parking lot...When I got to the parking lot I was waved toward a line of other vehicles...I counted six lines...At this point there was no way out...The parking lot was full of these six lines snaking back and forth between checkpoints...At each checkpoint there were questions asked, papers to fill out and ID's to check...After an hour and a half I got to the point where I got the shot, all without leaving my truck...By this time the six lines had spawned into 12...After the shot I had to wait another 15 minutes in case of a bad reaction...

Nearly two hours after I got there, I was headed home...My question now is: Why did I have to make an appointment?...They had me on a list with pre-printed labels they peeled off and stuck on my new vaccination record...I could have gone any time of the day and been stuck in the same traffic jam with the other 5,000 vehicles that were trapped there with me...As I left they said I'd be notified in 21 days so I can be stuck once more with the same 5,000 people for my second shot......Ben

Got my first dose yesterday. Already I'm growing that third eye I've been hearing about as a side effect. Nuts.

Mass vaccination site, about a half hour including sitting for 15 minutes to check for any reaction.

I had a weird conversation last week with a guy who runs a small repair shop. He said he was waiting for the JJ vaccine. That's the good one, he said. The others make you sick. I didn't try to argue with him.

And yesterday, before my shot, I read that the FBI was breaking up a Russian disinformation campaign designed to sow doubt about the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines do as to make a opportunity to market the Russian vaccine. So that's the source of my weird conversation. Russian disinformation. It reaches up here as well as more urban places.

I got juiced up with Moderna.

I am happy for both of you guys and sorry for your bad experience Ben.

That varies from mine considerably. I had a 7:15 AM appointment for both shots given at a hospital. I was directed by excellent signage to a parking garage, then into the elevator lobby, up two floors, signed in, got my shot, waited 15 min and was back in the garage in about 35 minutes.
    My wife went for her first on Monday at 9:30 am, walked right through, waited 15 minutes and was out in 25.

The lack of coordination and management of this entire process is sad----but the good news is, it is working.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sorry for your experience, Ben. Both of my shots were much like Dave's experience, maybe faster. Gregg County partnered with Christus Healthcare should be the model others strive to emulate. I am amazed how they pulled this off.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sorry for your experience, Ben. Both of my shots were much like Dave's experience, maybe faster. Gregg County partnered with Christus Healthcare should be the model others strive to emulate. I am amazed how they pulled this off.
    It wasn't necessarily bad since I did get the shot, and I've wasted time elsewhere in the past with fewer results...MCHD sponsored this one along with St. Luke's Hospital...Maybe the response volume was such that the only way they could get it done was in mass volumes...Anyway I'll go for the next one when they contact me in 21 days, and maybe that'll be it...I'll try for early morning next time, maybe it'll be quicker......Ben

Our county is going to start doing the J&J vaccine. Hopefully that speed up the ability to get a shot in.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Just as a point of comparison, the Hospital "network" where both my wife and I have gone is doing 700 innoculations a day, at three different hospitals, for a total of 2100/day. I believe they are operating six days a week