Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get back!!!

Here's a unique way to get the vaccine.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/stran...owstorm-oregon
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I got my first shot this morning at 10:20. It was the Pfizer variety. No pain at all after the injection. I expected at least something. Now, the injection site is a bit sore, but nothing like after getting an allergy shot. So far, so good! I go back on Feb. 20 for the second injection.

This was at a mega center where they planned to give several thousand shots. I was prepared to do a drive by if they had the kind of lines I've seen on TV. This was very well planned. There were NO lines as you had to have an appointment to even enter the property. I never slowed down during my entire visit. Great job by Christus Health and Gregg County officials.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Good for you---that is very similar to my experience as well.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This morning I have very minor soreness around the site of the injection. No redness or swelling. The degree of pain is much less than I experienced when I was taking allergy shots. I think it is less than my last flu shot.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I've heard the soreness is a good thing. It means your immune system is being activated.

I just received my second shot. It was delayed due to the government's inability to keep the electricity flowing.
    That's OK. I hear a delay might give better protection.

Good to hear

Since getting my second shot almost three weeks ago I have had two more "hits" from a long list of providers that I had registered with. One of whom had a way I could opt out because of having gotten my shots, the other did not have any such option.

Also, wife got a call this week and she is going to get her first shot Monday at the same hospital where I got mine. She as well is signed up at multiple places. That means PA has moved into the next classification since she is in the 65 and over class. I got mine earlier because I am over the 75 and up criteria.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I haven't even been called for my first one yet......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Sign up at as many places as you can find Ben---it seems to be pretty much a crap shoot with little to no overall control

The one I hit on yesterday was actually the County.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I signed up with two, the county and St. Luke's Hospital...Maybe I'll get lucky before the antibodies I supposedly developed from being hospitalized wear out......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I signed up with two, the county and St. Luke's Hospital...Maybe I'll get lucky before the antibodies I supposedly developed from being hospitalized wear out......Ben
    That is a bit of a coincidence, I got mine at Saint Luke's University Health Network in Bethlehem PA.

I pre registered and got mine through L S U at the State fairgrounds. Both shots I massaged the arm and worked it for the 20 minute after shot wait period . Not a bit of soreness from either one.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I pre registered and got mine through L S U at the State fairgrounds. Both shots I massaged the arm and worked it for the 20 minute after shot wait period . Not a bit of soreness from either one.
    Good for you---for some reason I thought about you last night and wondered if you had gotten them since you are in the same classification as me.

I came home from the gun show today and found I have an appointment for my first shot next Tuesday......Ben

That's great, Ben!

Don't worry too much about the side effects. My first shot gave me a mildly sore shoulder for a couple of days. Nothing worse than a flu shot.

I got the second shot yesterday morning and didn't even feel it. Late in the day I had a very mild discomfort near the injection site. This morning it was a bit worse, but not even as bad as a flu shot. This evening I have to rub it hard to know that I had a shot.