Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get back!!!

Thanks!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I just hop scotched to the front of the line----tomorrow morning at 6:45 AM---with bells on da shoes and a smile on me face
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yay!!!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I feel really guilty about this ----but not enough to turn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I feel really guilty about this ----but not enough to turn it down
    No guilt on my part. You shouldn't feel guilty either. I never did understand the whole survivor guilt complex thing. I kind of find the whole sorry that you didn't make but I'm glad I did to be my preferable result if we all can't make it.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I just hop scotched to the front of the line----tomorrow morning at 6:45 AM---with bells on da shoes and a smile on me face
    And just who is bragging now ? .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210126-154644.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	415.4 KB 
ID:	37851
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Not sure how it works in Pa but you may want to take your wife with you. Here when they realize they will have extra juice for the day everyone in the car get a shot no appointment needed. Probably happens more later in the day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Not sure how it works in Pa but you may want to take your wife with you. Here when they realize they will have extra juice for the day everyone in the car get a shot no appointment needed. Probably happens more later in the day though.
    I just finished a Zoom interview---but when I "go home" I'm going to suggest that to me wife since she can't even get scheduled at this point (too young)---I am sure it is a long shot---but it sure doesn't hurt to give it a try---there might be a no show

All went as planned---I was there at 6:30, signed in by 7:15 and got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine and left at 7:30---my only side effect was an incontrollable urge to dance a jig

Next up, 2/15 at 7:20 AM for round 2

I did take my wife along---just in case----but no luck on that score

Good luck to everyone else trying to get the vaccine.

I forgot to mention---as if in celebration of the shot, when I got home, my latest shipment of kimchi was waiting for me---perfect timing since I ran out yesterday
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-27-2021 at 09:08 AM.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Congratulations..

We are on the list to be scheduled.. but.. the well ran dry 1-26-21.. big program to vaccinate school workers just came to a screeching halt.. ran out of vaccines

I get a geezer discount at the grocery yet I’m too young for a shot.. go figure..

I have scheduled my return to my NY office for March 1, almost a year since I was last there on March 18, 2020

Update---I did have some discomfort last night when I went to bed. Not enough to keep me awake but uncomfortable. It seemed to be both in the soft tissue and my shoulder joint as well. When I woke up about 4 hours later it was gone---and that is the end of the story.

Eric's advice is sound---pick your side my friends

I don't have a good side. I flop like a fish when i sleep and sleep on both sides.

There is always an option for a chair if necessary.