Thread: Let Freedom Ring

Let Freedom Ring

This came to me this morning from my friend John Clayton. I think it is more appropriate here than in our music thread. The mixing is not great but the message is still clear.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Nice. The commenters get it too.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

There is a short segment of a graduation speech by John Lewis in that piece. Here is the full speech. It is more than simply powerful---it is a gift to those graduates---they didn't have to sit through the normal feel good message most often delivered. Watch the reaction on the faces of the dignitaries behind Mr Lewis as he spoke---some are priceless.

..and here is the essay published on the day of his passing.

Make trouble---necessary trouble
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis