Thread: And so it starts

And so it starts

Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-keystone/tc-energy-to-cut-1000-construction-jobs-halt-keystone-xl-work-idUSKBN29Q1T8?il=0

No project of this magnitude should be approved, or disapproved, at the whim of one person. Being an interstate project, it should be left to the Congress.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/21...ecutive-order/
    Men and Women cannot physically compete in sports. Any idiot should be able to see that. If that is what the powers that be want to see, I suggest the states ban all school sports. Let's see how long that lasts.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

We had some really weird training in federal government before I left. All about how to treat trans folks. We were told that a person may be dressing one way, identifying another, we don't have any right to say anything if a person dressing male but identifying female ends up in what used to be a female-only area, and that tomorrow, the person might be identifying different so they could end up in what used to be male-only, and watch those pronouns! Some trans want to be called by the pronoun of their birth, or maybe how they are presenting, or by some made-up neutral pronoun, or by a plural pronoun and you better get it right or an EEO complaint could be filed.

It was really complicated. I can't imagine how difficult it is in schools. I am all for treating people with respect but jeepers.