....a term Kevin introduced to me here many years ago is the term that I will use to describe my thoughts of the events of yesterday. I didn't get to see much since I was "Zooming" most of the day, but catching glimpses last night and from what I have read it seems to have gone very well and with a refreshingly more modest tone.

I read that Chris Wallace at Fox said the acceptance speech was the best he has ever heard.

Possibly the greatest benefit that our new President Biden can bring to this country is a renewed level of civility---I would regard that as a valuable step toward success.

Added in edit:

As I try to catch up I read this regarding the acceptance speech---I think it worthwhile to add to this tread:

Near the end of his inaugural address yesterday, President Biden named six crises that the U.S. faces: the virus, climate change, growing inequality, racism, America’s global standing and an attack on truth and democracy.

“Any one of these will be enough to challenge us in profound ways. But the fact is, we face them all at once,” Biden said. “We will be judged — you and I — by how we resolve these cascading crises of our era.”
I know many will argue some of those points but I firmly believe we cannot gain true success as a country unless we gain our mutual goals together.