Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sick legacy of trump haunts the GOP

The sick legacy of trump haunts the GOP

In Arizona the State GOP voted to censure three prominent members for insufficient worship of trump.

Arizona Republicans passed resolutions on Saturday to censure three of the state's most prominent party leaders who have found themselves at odds with former President Donald Trump: Gov. Doug Ducey; former Sen. Jeff Flake; and Cindy McCain, widow of the longtime Sen. John McCain.

The sweeping — yet essentially symbolic — rebuke took place during a meeting to figure out how to move forward after the state flipped blue in November, narrowly giving its 11 electoral votes to now President Joe Biden.

McCain and Flake, both of whom endorsed Biden for president, were censured for their outspoken opposition to Trump and for their support of globalist interests, according to state GOP members.

In condemning Ducey, the party cited the governor's decision to enact emergency orders during the pandemic that the committee said are unconstitutional and "restrict personal liberties."
    This is not the GOP that I long supported. I never imagined, that to be a member in good standing, required a loyalty oath to a despot. May their myopic view of the world tainted by the window of trump sickness be their demise.

Then---moving closer to home but with no less shame, there is Rep Scott Perry who played a pivotal role in introducing trump to Jeffery Clark--a trump loyalist imbedded in the DOJ and hatching the plan to oust Acting AG Jeffery Rosen and then appoint Clark as acting AG and bring the power of the DOJ to bear on Georgia election officials to overturn trump's loss in Georgia.

This same problem has infected the Federal Government in a much broader sense than demonstrated by Jeffery Clark. Over four years trump and his lackeys have appointed and promoted countless people based not on ability but on sworn loyalty to trump. They are now widely spread and often unknown, but no less damaging.

I, at some level of my being, feel a touch of sympathy. How sad it must be to realize and admit to yourself that your own abilities and hard work are incapable of yielding your own career ambitions and your only choice is to prostitute any measure of character and tie yourself to a disgusting despot.

Biden's challenge will be to find them and root them out---the only way they will leave on their own is if they find new chances to whore themselves.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-24-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hopefully some in Congress may be censured or expelled if they did commit deeds.

As for AZ it's slowly changing towards blue. Be a long time before there's more than the few major cities that are blue.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    When a political party is taken over by the zealots, the purple other edge flows to the other side..

Virginia GOP was taken over by the ultra right.. all five state wide offices and both houses of the legislature have turned blue in the past 10 years..

Note: a Virginia Democrat would be a Republican in California or Massachusetts..

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..

We were told Biden would cure TDS.

Don’t like it, move to AZ and vote. Everyone else is.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    We were told Biden would cure TDS.
    That was prior to all the sick facts falling out.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It is only derangement if it is irrational. Plumbing the depths of his corruption is more like lancing a boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It is only derangement if it is irrational. Plumbing the depths of his corruption is more like lancing a boil.
    Even I, have been shocked at the depth of trumps depravity. I imagined that his efforts to remain in office ended at his continual lies about the fraudulent election. I naively failed to realize the extents that he was going to in his futile---and illegal, campaign to subvert the will of the people. The man, literally, has no limits to his dishonesty.

The only responsible thing we can do to heal from this is to face what happened and try never to allow it to be repeated. We will not succeed in that by sweeping it under the rug.

While we are at it, we need to add lindsey graham to this mix of garbage. Prior to trump's famous call to GA Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, he was called by graham and presented with the same "script". He not only rejected it, he made provisions to record the next call that he knew he would receive and wanted to make certain that there would be a record of the call to stand in truth to whatever story trump would devise.

I don't see any way out of this travesty short of expelling every Trump supporter in the Congress. This should happen immediately. I'm not sure of the mechanisms that it would take to have this happen but it needs to happen they all need to be expelled. That would let the governors of each state replace them with more acceptable Representatives. Short of that I don't know how else we would cleanse the Congress of this pestilence.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It’s Cindy McCain for crying out loud. She is a drug addled spoiled rich kid, from the power side of the family. Crook!

I have been on record here for well over a decade providing evidence that McCain was corrupt. As a long time resident of AZ, I used to get to vote against his liberal azz. He started every campaign speech by declaring that he wasn’t there to discuss his status as a war hero, and thus got to take the high road. LMAO at the dummies who bought it.

I do appreciate that he picked Palin so we could learn yet again that in the virtuous democrat party, ideology trumps all else.

don"

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I don't see any way out of this travesty short of expelling every Trump supporter in the Congress. This should happen immediately. I'm not sure of the mechanisms that it would take to have this happen but it needs to happen they all need to be expelled. That would let the governors of each state replace them with more acceptable Representatives. Short of that I don't know how else we would cleanse the Congress of this pestilence.
    They need to be de-programmed along with the veterans.

don"

You don’t think admonishing residents of another jurisdiction half way around the world, for censuring a vacuous bimbo like Cindy McCain is deranged?

don"

Thirty years ago, Cindy McCain developed an addition to prescription painkillers, due to a ruptured disk. From most accounts, she was confronted by family members and has been clean since the early 1990s. Time to give her a break. After all, addiction to painkillers is an affliction that hit many, including the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, William Rehnquist, who was addicted for 10 years after back surgery in 1971. Quite a few important decisions were issued in that time period.

John McCain was a war hero. Didn't make him automatically right on a given issue but in my opinion, it certainly got him listened to in a respectful way.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    You don’t think admonishing residents of another jurisdiction half way around the world, for censuring a vacuous bimbo like Cindy McCain is deranged?

I took Dave's comments to be about the corrosive effects of Donald Trump, which you yourself referenced and which I commented on directly.

Thirty years ago, Cindy McCain developed an addition to prescription painkillers, due to a ruptured disk. From most accounts, she was confronted by family members and has been clean since the early 1990s. Time to give her a break. After all, addiction to painkillers is an affliction that hit many, including the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, William Rehnquist, who was addicted for 10 years after back surgery in 1971. Quite a few important decisions were issued in that time period.

John McCain was a war hero. Didn't make him automatically right on a given issue but in my opinion, it certainly got him listened to in a respectful way.
    Once a druggie, always a druggie. Same as supporting trump, tarnished.

And you could stand to climb a little deeper into Cindy’s family tree if you want to see some more good old fashioned corruption. Admittedly, they are pikers compared to NY corruption.

don"