Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Column: Donald Trump’s Inauguration Day letter to Joe Biden: An exclusive (very real)

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I’m starting to think each of us has our own “truth” based on the path we travelled.
    I think there is a lot to be said for that theory.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'll be sure to mention this theory to the next state trooper that stops me for speeding. He may see it otherwise, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'll be sure to mention this theory to the next state trooper that stops me for speeding. He may see it otherwise, however.
    Speed limits are a given - no room to formulate an opinion. I’m talking about the million little points throughout the day where I DECIDE what to believe.

A good example is your and my interactions here. We both walk away having formulated an opinion about the other based on the flimsiest proof, and all of it is influenced by our own personal experience. Usually we are both wrong. But I have a picture of you in my minds eye based on the truths in my world.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Wow, people are so serious on this thread!! Absolutism vs. relativism, philosophical conundrums - you'd think I was upstairs!!

Curt, to help you out, here's what I look like. See if your impression of me matches the unspeakable reality. First thing in the morning, before tea:

I clean up pretty good, though:

But when I go out on the town, I like to get dressed up: