Thread: Senator Sasse is a little late in this one

Senator Sasse is a little late in this one

I generally agree with Sen Sasse, in this piece he warns that QAnon could be the demise of the Republican Party but in this case his verbs should have been past tense---the horse is already out of the barn

I saw a figure yesterday that simply stunned me. The claim was only 19% of Republicans believe that Biden won the election. That is astounding to me---it also reinforces my decision to get the hell out of Dodge.

But, make no mistake, late or not Sen Sasse has a serious point in this piece. If you are still a Republican and are concerned with the future of the party---this needs to be confronted.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-18-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The first link is nonfunctional.

Thank you---I fixed it now.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hmmm.... "cannibalistic pedophiles" has movie written all over it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Or a band name.

On topic, I’m not sure I buy this story being spun that the entire GOP is infested with this Qanon thing. Remember, it was just a few weeks ago where pretty much nobody would admit to knowing anything about them. They just appeared out of thin air.

I admit to being on the right side of politics for a long time, and I know plenty of wingnuts. None of them knew either until recently. I have never seen recruiters working my neighborhood, no handbills, no nothing?

Maybe they occupy some key positions in the political machine, but I’m pretty sure baby eating satanists or whatever they really are don’t represent the mainstream of the GOP. They for sure don’t dominate our local party apparatus.

You tell us Dave since you were a republican until last week, is that what you saw in your local party?

I think everyone-regardless of which side of the aisle-needs to turn the sensitivity up on their Bull-Roar Meter. Both sides are going to try to manipulate us.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Me thinks you need to read a bit more about these good folks that trump loves.
    One of their key points is that liberals are the ones eating children and doing are sorts of things you and I would never even imagine.
    They literally believe the most bizarre things they can dream up.

I prefer to be ignorant on this one. No different to me from some kind of weird sexual thing. I know enough to know it’s wrong.

To your point of the thread, lunatics shouldn’t have any access to the cockpit controls. If they are there, they need to be weeded out. If it splits the GOP, too bad I guess.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.