Thread: Chuckle for the day

Chuckle for the day

From my daily briefing:

Here’s Biden’s response to aides who use overly academic or elitist language: “Pick up your phone, call your mother, read her what you just told me,” he likes to say. “If she understands, we can keep talking.”
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Just because biden hasn't the brains to pour piss out of a boot is no indication that the rest of us have to have our news dumbed down .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Sorry IV---I didn't plan on peeing in your Wheaties
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Out of a boot "with the directions on the heel and a hole in the toe", was how I learned it.

I recall my time in USDA lending to farmers. They might not know how to model international balance of payments but they sure knew BS when they smelled it. I quickly learned that plain talk was what they wanted. So that's what I did.

Made my day - I can see Biden doing exactly that, Dave.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead