Thread: Shrimp enchiladas in chocolate mole' sauce

Shrimp enchiladas in chocolate mole' sauce

I am now stuffed, ate 3 of these puppies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210116_155022003.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	37828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210116_162354014~2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	37829
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Did you make the sauce?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Did you make the sauce?
    not really. I used this as a base. 1 part paste 3 parts water then added semi sweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210117_083021521~2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	37830
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Where are the shrimp harvested that you guys out in California can get fresh?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Making mole' sauce from scratch is a monumental undertaking, it seems to me there are more than 40 ingredients that are layered in one or two at a time.
    I am glad that I am not a big fan.

Looks yummy but I'm with Dave, not a fan of Mole Sauce either... Chocolate is for desert ...

Making our annual pots of Chili Verde Pork tonight... 8 lbs of pork. It freezes very well and nice to have around when unexpected guest show up for a weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Making mole' sauce from scratch is a monumental undertaking, it seems to me there are more than 40 ingredients that are layered in one or two at a time.
    I am glad that I am not a big fan.
    I made it from scratch once. It took me two days to track down all the ingredients. Then with multiple food processors, and four burners going on the stove it took me 6 hours to make a batch. I made about a half gallons worth to justify the effort involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Where are the shrimp harvested that you guys out in California can get fresh?
    Indonesia and it had been flash frozen

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Indonesia....
    My god! You put that in your mouth?
    I will never, ever, knowingly eat seafood or fish from Southeast Asia, China or India. If you read about their aquaculture standards, neither will you.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm with Mike on that one!

Not like we don't have food processors using downer cattle or sick chickens here in the USA. How many millions of pounds of ground beef have had to be tossed because of unsanitary practices in the factories in the past few years?