Thread: Attorney for 'QAnon Shaman' says Trump has an 'obligation' to pardon his supporters w

Attorney for 'QAnon Shaman' says Trump has an 'obligation' to pardon his supporters w

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...075628999.html

Yahoo TV
    Attorney for 'QAnon Shaman' says Trump has an 'obligation' to pardon his supporters who attacked Capitol
    George Back
    George Back·Producer, Yahoo Entertainment
    Fri, January 15, 2021, 12:56 AM

Al Watkins, the attorney who represents alleged Capitol Hill insurrectionist Jacob Chansley, appeared Thursday on Cuomo Prime Time. Chansley, who is also known as the QAnon Shaman, was arrested for illegally entering the Capitol building and creating a disturbance. However, his attorney claims that he was invited by President Trump.

“My client wasn't violent,” said Watkins. “He didn't cross over any police lines. He didn't assault anyone. He was there at the invitation of our president.”

Watkins believes that Chansley’s love for the president is what has landed him in so much legal trouble. He claims Chansley was encouraged by the president’s speeches and tweets calling for an intervention during the Electoral College certification on Jan. 6.

“He loved Trump,” said Watkins. “Every word. He listened to him. He felt like he was answering the call of our president.”
    So he's harmless now.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Well, if Trump does end up pardoning him, I'm fairly certain that 147 Republicans would think that was just Jim Dandy!

There is a whole lot more behind this "misguide child"---that is why he is being held without bail.

From today's Daily Beast:

The so-called QAnon Shaman who stormed the U.S. Capitol last week in Viking garb before sitting in Vice President Mike Pence’s chair on the Senate dais admitted to federal agents he intended to return to D.C. to “protest” President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.

“I’ll still go, you better believe it,” Jacob Chansley bragged in an interview with FBI agents the day after the violent insurrection. “For sure I’d want to be there, as a protestor, as a protestor, ****in’ a.”

The admission by Chansley, also known as Jake Angeli, is one of several that prosecutors detailed in an 18-page detention memo arguing for the 33-year-old Arizona man to be held before trial.

Prosecutors said in the memo that there is strong evidence that the intent of the Capitol rioters, including Chansley, “was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States government.”
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My understanding is an indicted president cannot pardon anyone.
    When you've never seen the elephant, it's really
    easy to imagine yourself swingin' it by the tail

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_Jenkins View Post
    My understanding is an indicted president cannot pardon anyone.
    Is being impeached the legal equivalency of an indictment?

If not, I think he cannot be indicted while in office---once he is out it is game on. Any pardons will have to come before he leaves office.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis