Thread: Financial fallout

Financial fallout

Donors are backing away from the Republican members that supported overturning the election, which represents half the Republican caucus. McCarthy is in damage control, trying to assure donors that an attempt to deny a duly elected President his office doesn't mean they won't work with him now that the attempt failed.

A difficult balancing act, especially considering that the messenger voted to overturn that election even after a mob sent to murder members of Congress showed up to further that goal.

Who knew that peddling lies and delusion to a radical fringe could have a downside?

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...-contributions

Actions have consequences.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The US electorate has short memories which is sometimes good and sometimes bad.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It's likely there are others who thought like I did, that Nixon's administration set the low bar. Yet, I cannot compare Nixon to what we're seeing now. This stuff is just nuts.

Having said the above, I'm proud to be a US citizen. I doubt many countries could handle what we're going through and have their government survive. I only hope those people hurt or killed in this struggle know they will be part of our growth and survival in the future. We owe them that.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Not needing it but I received a stimulus payout and donated it to a organization that provides a place to live for women and children running from abusive partners (read- assholes.).

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Not needing it but I received a stimulus payout and donated it to a organization that provides a place to live for women and children running from abusive partners (read- assholes.).
    Really good of you. Thanks!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Bo for President
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

An outstanding move on your part, Bo. Thank you.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead