Thread: Pardon me

Pardon me

So Trump threw Rudy under the bus, there goes his pardon. Now for the rest of em

Trump needs cash for debts. I gotta wonder how much one needs to donate to Trumps Pac to acquire said pardon(s)
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Ask Marc Rich. It cost him $1,000,000 in 2000 to buy one from Clinton. Adjust for inflation, natch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Ask Marc Rich. It cost him $1,000,000 in 2000 to buy one from Clinton. Adjust for inflation, natch.

Trump will probably top that to make it the Bigliest PAC Donation
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardo...t-donald-trump

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

Trump's got a long way to go and a short time to get there to catch up.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Rumor has it Rudy was trying to sell his service as a middleman for 2 million

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/u...gtype=Homepage

I don't think that should surprise anyone......
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The moral depravity of this administration and it's hangers on has no equal.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Why do we need this presidential perk? Is it somehow underpinning our republic?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Why do we need this presidential perk? Is it somehow underpinning our republic?
    Far wiser folks than me seem to believe it has value---other than selling them that is. So--I'll let it up to the wise ones
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Does trump even have the power to pardon anyone other than the Christmas turkey at this point?

Right up until noon on Wednesday.

I have not been surprised at anything since the day Carter pardoned Peter Yarrow.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I was the same way when Buchanan pardoned Brigham Young.