Thread: Our brave new world

Our brave new world

---well maybe not brave--but surely different!

I just spent all day in a virtual seminar---by butt hurts!

I start again tomorrow morning.

On a completely different note---I will remind everyone who pays quarterly taxes---tomorrow is the day my friends
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Taxes - that sobers me up.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'd be concerned about why a webinar is hurting your butt... You may be doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I'd be concerned about why a webinar is hurting your butt... You may be doing it wrong.
    No pants, Dave couldn't stand up. LOL
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    To much sitting----and I did it again today
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Taxes - that sobers me up.

Hunter
    I have mentioned this in the past, since it always runs through my mind as I pay the taxes (in PA that includes both a State and a Local tax)---the words of my dear Mother still stay with me many years after her passing.

The occasion was at some long past tax due date and I was whining about that burden when my Mother simply said to me: "be grateful that you owe taxes"---that ended my whining right there! I'm not sure from where it comes, but most Mennonites have an ability to express morality in very compact packets---and at times they can smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    "be grateful that you owe taxes".
    An excellent and timely response.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    My account is retiring!.. my dentist, my go, my barber.. all retired.. now the tax lady..

Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    My account is retiring!.. my dentist, my go, my barber.. all retired.. now the tax lady..

Ugh!
    I share your pain---my barber is the next planned to go. After a series of Doctors retired (4) I wised up and picked a nice young lady doctor---even that didn't work out--she got pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    --she got pregnant

Now you're doing it right

Who would thunk