Thread: Hold my Beer

Hold my Beer

Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller approved up to 6,200 National Guardsmen to support civil authorities in D.C. at the request of D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser and federal agencies, after some pro-Trump protesters broke into the Capitol or engaged in violence against the D.C. Capitol police.

If you thought Kent State was bad, just wait until JUST ONE person goes ape **** and pulls a trigger.

D C is not the place to be , nor is any other Capitol.
    Last edited by Independent Voter; 01-14-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Oh, it's going to be a whole lot more than the initial 6,200.

Up to 15,000 National Guard troops could activate to help law enforcement during Biden inauguration.
    Stars and Stripes
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

It's not going to go well.....

I had Nurse Paula cancel all her appointments on inauguration day since previous "peaceful protest" have included smashing all the windows in the salon....

They are protecting the country against Trump backed insurrectionist whether they're peaceful or not so if they mess up they all need to be killed. We just need to understand this is part of the cleansing project.:
    Last edited by Honda; 01-14-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

TV news just said there are more than 21,000 called to Washington. More than are in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    TV news just said there are more than 21,000 called to Washington. More than are in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.
    I have no idea who or how many nutcases will show up at the inauguration to start trouble but to me it would be funny as hell if nobody showed up and all the National Guard troops whom I have high respect for were left to pick their ass.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That would be a good day for DC but other towns will suffer... Nut cases have to go somewhere.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    My local news is DC news..

14 th - 19th streets sealed off . Constitution Ave (B st on grid) - K st sealed off. , all parking garages closed..
    Note, on “grid White House is 16th st.. E to H st.. (Treasury is on 15 th st, EOB is on 17 th st..

Three layers of fencing around Capital.. Mall is closed...

FYI..mall is covered in portable cell phone towers in anticipation of a conventional inauguration..

So far, so good, here. Our government buildings are all closing, just in case.

I really hope the inauguration goes well. Our country needs to heal and move on.

If you know a 1st Responder, continue to support them. I sincerely hope they will be safe.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead