Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Violent fringe

Violent fringe

Andy Meijer, new Congress critters, has purchased body armor in response to threats for his vote to impeach Trump.

Several of his colleagues say that their vote against impeachment was in response to fear of violence from their constituents.

Democrats showed their lunatic, violent fringe this summer.

Both parties minimize, rationalize, equivocate and strain at gnats while swallowing camels. They parse words when the evidence is before them.

They need to stop worrying about losing the next election and expel the lunatics from their party. Bargains with the devil rarely end well.

Completely agree both parties are using everything bad going on to their political advantage and the people be damned.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Some of the problem is the fact that members of Congress may have been involved with the insurrection.

For example, Lauren Boebert, R-CO, tweeted out the location of Nancy Pelosi during the riot. She is facing backlash not only from her colleagues but from officials back home.

This member, along with some other newly-elected members, seem to be more interested in provoking spectacle than addressing issues. For example, Biden is not even President but Q-nut Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-GA, has plans to introduce articles of impeachment today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Some of the problem is the fact that members of Congress may have been involved with the insurrection.

For example, Lauren Boebert, R-CO, tweeted out the location of Nancy Pelosi during the riot. She is facing backlash not only from her colleagues but from officials back home.

This member, along with some other newly-elected members, seem to be more interested in provoking spectacle than addressing issues. For example, Biden is not even President but Q-nut Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-GA, has plans to introduce articles of impeachment today.
    I believe her actual tweet was that “the speaker has left the chambers”. She says it was a description of what was occurring.

I got to watch her campaign. I would hardly characterize her as the violent fringe.

On edit: the tweet says “the speaker has been removed from the chambers”. Removed is now a place.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

"She's not there, keep searching for her" is another way to look at it.

Giving directions to the mob really isn't a good look for a member of Congress any way you slice it. Especially when members of Congress seem to have given tours of the underground tunnels the day before to people who breached the Capitol the next day.

Even worse when you consider the filing by the DOJ today:

Federal prosecutors offered the most chilling description yet of rioters who seized the Capitol last week, writing in a new court filing that the intention was "to capture and assassinate elected officials."

The view was included in a memo seeking to keep Jacob Anthony Chansley, who rallied people inside the Capitol using a bullhorn, in detention. According to Capitol Police information included in the filing, Chansley was notable for his headdress, face paint and carrying of a six-foot spear.

"Strong evidence, including Chansley's own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States government," government prosecutors wrote.
    Tweeting advice about where to look for the Speaker is bad juju when people are searching for her to murder her. Parsing words won't help her. Her own party officials back home are looking to censure her about it, so it is odd to see someone sticking up for her.

The Boogaloo Bois Prepare for Civil War.

As the FBI warns of violence, anti-government extremists are ready to get in on the chaos.
    Link to an interesting ARTICLE

I wonder if I have to give up my Hawaiian shirts because of this? I like them in the summer because they are great at concealing sidearms.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Even worse when you consider the filing by the DOJ today:

Tweeting advice about where to look for the Speaker is bad juju when people are searching for her to murder her. Parsing words won't help her. Her own party officials back home are looking to censure her about it, so it is odd to see someone sticking up for her.
    Interesting. At best your post was factually incorrect, at worst an attempt to deceive.

I believe that our healing needs to start with the truth. I chose your post to start with.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Mike all I can say to that is

Back off, Boo-ga-loo, I said,
    Back off, Boo-ga-loo, come on,
    Back off, Boo-ga-loo, Boo

Curt, healing doesn't start out by calling me a liar.

You see her actions one way. Those who were there, her own Republican colleagues, see it it differently. They berated her for her actions in a caucus conference call Monday. Her own Republican party officials in Colorado want her investigated.

After a while, you have to wonder if it isn't everybody else that is out of step. It might be you.

The Denver Post and the Steamboat Pilot and Today (great name for a newspaper!) have added their voices to calls for an investigation of her actions. She was told directly and several times not to use social media ny the Sergeant at Arms responsible for lawmaker safety while in lockdown. She refused to comply.

Her actions need to be investigated. If it turns out that she is just a grandstanding idiot, she's probably in the right job.

Hah! Her office put out a statement today that she "never disclosed secure locations". Very careful wording there. Someone's looking for a fig leaf.

Maybe she's getting the message that she's gone too far. https://www.chieftain.com/story/news...ay/4175409001/

A bipartisan group of elected officials from her own district is asking that, because of her actions on January 6 and her deliberate provocations since then, that she either not be seated as a representative or not be given any committee assignments.

The article indicates a recall movement is being organized.

She just pissin' everybody off today.

I wonder if I actually need anyone to post in response. I know that is the dynamic bulletin boards go for but the more I post, I wonder if that's really necessary.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Lauren Boebert has announced that she will carry her Glock to & from the capital.. DC Chief of Police then announced that if she was seen by Metropolitan Police armed off of capital grounds it could be an embarrassing situation as she would be arrested and charged.

Time will tell..