Thread: Differential threat assessments

Differential threat assessments

NPR is reporting that the FBI and DHS did not issue a formal threat assessment ahead of the rally and riot last week.

Some security officials told NPR they were concerned that issuing a formal threat assessment would have First Amendment implications and a chilling effect on peaceful assembly. However, three law enforcement officials said DHS and FBI had issued full intelligence bulletins ahead of Black Lives Matter protests in Washington in June and ahead of the Islamic Society of North America’s annual convention.

This was despite the fact that the Norfolk FBI office had identified specific threats and people sharing maps of the tunnels beneath the Capitol. NYPD also alerted Capitol police and FBI last week, apparently.

I look forward to learning more.

I look forward to learning more.
    Me too.

Seems that everyone that was arrested so far is claiming they didn't know better or something along those lines. Couple of Capital police fired also for acting stupid. Doesn't bring back the 5 dead though.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Seems to me it would be negligent to NOT make a formal threat assessment of significant events.

And I don’t care if they watch over the crowd. Peaceful protesters have nothing to hide.

BTW my family and I went thru one of the tunnels as part of our tour. It went between the Capital and one of the office buildings. Our tour lasted several hours. It was one of the most memorable days of my life. I’m glad those crazies didn’t do more damage.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

From what I've seen, they (the government) will have a thorough examination. May it be detailed and apolitical. Like others, I look forward to seeing it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead