Thread: Now, this put a smile on my face!

Now, this put a smile on my face!

Not all news is bad news:

Furious and isolated, Trump is lashing out at those he blamed for getting him into this mess. He has told aides that he wants personally to approve any expenses his lawyer Rudy Giuliani ran up as he traveled around the country to challenge election results, and he has told them not to pay Giuliani’s legal fees.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Trump is well-known in NY for stiffing vendors. He standard response is "sue me". It got to the point on several projects, contractors just refused to work for him. Rudy knew that going in. No sympathy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Trump is well-known in NY for stiffing vendors. He standard response is "sue me". It got to the point on several projects, contractors just refused to work for him. Rudy knew that going in. No sympathy here.
    Unfortunately, I know the drill first hand. I would not be the least surprised to see a flood of new lawsuits crop up after trump is out of office.

NYC just canceled $17 million in contracts with trump:

New York City is ending contracts with the Trump Organization to run a Bronx golf course and skating rinks and a carousel in Central Park.
    That golf course is just off the approach to the Whitestone Bridge, dominating the image as you drive by is a huge "sand done" with the trump name displayed in great white letters----I would love to be there when that gets "deleted".

I pass over most Op-eds just because of a lack of time--but I do try to read the ones that peak my interest---this is one of them.

This is extracted from a piece by Karl Rove (not high on my list) that is in today's WSJ:

Americans know Mr. Trump didn’t act while a police officer was beaten to death, a rioter was shot and killed, and Congress was shut down. Instead, he sat in the Oval Office watching television until order was restored. He released a video calling rioters “very special” people and saying, “I love you.” It was the next afternoon before he finally denounced violence—and reports say he regrets having done so.

Since then Mr. Trump’s statements have been insufficient. “You always have to avoid violence,” he said on Tuesday, before spending nearly 10 times as many words complaining that Twitter shut down his account. Pathetic. On Wednesday he sent out a statement: “In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind.” But an email is a poor substitute for a personal appeal in a televised Oval Office address.

Many Americans who voted for President Trump were sickened by the violent, seditious attack on our Capitol. America was humiliated in the eyes of the world. The nation is reeling and on edge. And this awful drama hasn’t fully played out.

Mr. Trump can do one good thing as he exits office: go on TV to discourage supporters from becoming accomplices to more violence. Let us hope he does, but I have little confidence he will.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-14-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I was struck by the management contract for the merry-go-round. There are a lot of cartoon images that pop to mind.

Who else has a merry-go-round besides Michael Jackson?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Now, last night rudy admitted the truth about the $20,000/day fee-----but an aid sent that to trump and he didn't know anything about it---right rudy---next lie please