Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitter just Banned Trump permanently

Twitter just Banned Trump permanently

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Should have done that 4 years ago.. Tweeter was his downfall... Too bad he could not learn to just shut up and get stuff done.

They cut him a lot of slack. Stuff I would've been suspended for he got away with and not even a warning for years. He had at least 5 accounts. I think they unplugged those as well. The White House account is still up but hasn't been used in 3 days. For awhile he used it as though it were his personal twitter page. Probably over at Gab.
    When you've never seen the elephant, it's really
    easy to imagine yourself swingin' it by the tail

I am definitely looking forward to four years of not having to hear the latest lie or petty or vicious or cruel thing the Leader of the Free World thought up while moving his bowels each morning.

My life will be improved.

Trump never could get out of the way of himself.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Trump never could get out of the way of himself.
    That's exactly why he was not re-elected.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I would be outraged but I have never been to twitter even once. Sometimes I see videos with the bird on them, so maybe that counts?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Parler just sued Amazon for getting booted off Amazon's web service. They have sued Amazon for antitrust violations, breach of contract, etc.

But not a word about First Amendment issues.

Wouldn’t it be a violation to delete the President’s correspondence? Wouldn’t there be some obligation to preserve or archive it?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Wouldn’t it be a violation to delete the President’s correspondence? Wouldn’t there be some obligation to preserve or archive it?
    I would certainly hope there is no requirement to memorialize the things that trump has said---for the life of me I can't think of a valid reason to do that
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Government has to archive it. Private companies do not.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I guess it would be in his Library
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I'm sure Tweeter archives everyone's post.....

Based on this I think you are most likely correct:

Insurgents now face institutional pressure, as well. The Department of Justice and the FBI are tracking down more than 150 suspects for prosecution—so far—and hackers today claimed to have captured the personal data of Parler users from Parler servers, including material that users believed they had deleted after the January 6 Capitol riot. Since rioters stole laptops and documents that included items relating to national security, they are not going to be able to drop off the radar screen.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

hmmmn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twitler.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	37822