Thread: I have to say this

I have to say this

I have, in the past few days, thought occasionally about some of our members who spoke so loudly and with great indignation and condemnation of the rioters (mobs) in our cities during 2020. At times, I disagreed with the direction the finger of "accountability" was being pointed but did not condone in anyway what we were seeing as those mobs tried to burn their own cities down.
    Now, we have entered possibly the darkest time of our democracy, brought on by mobs---whiter---maybe better dressed-- who traveled, even across the country, who stayed in hotels---but mobs--just the same---and our brothers have fallen silent
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I would take it as a compliment. Seems like you have it covered.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

There were thousands of people who went to D C at the behest of President Trump. Two hundred or so entered the Capital. The majority of those ,,, although breaking the law ,,, looked as if they were on a visitors trip. Staying between the ropes and taking pictures. There were also scenes of scores of hundreds walking away from the Capitol when the few started to climb the walls and break in.
    And , did you see the interview that the " Viking " gave ?. Anyone who thinks he is a Trump supporter should re think . That boy is a true flake.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I have to say IV that you have a distinctly different opinion of what took place than I do. I'm not going to go into a debate about it, but you might want to take another look---possibly from a different source.

That was no Sunday School class. As for wolf man----he is a known regular at trump rallies---so you might want to rethink your comments regarding that boy.

BTW IV---you might just be the only exception to my comments---and I respect you for that.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I can't help it. I think Trump has done a better job than the last three Presidents. I also do not think He urged idiots to break into the Capitol. He DID urge them to go to the Capitol and protest which is a horse of a different color altogether.

Besides , I'm just hanging around to see the hair sniffing dementia addled ass that was elected to be my President start to give away what little freedom we now have.

Remember , he who laughs [ actually he/I will be crying ] last , laughs best .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Not that I have any delusions about changing your mind IV---but I will keep putting out "the rest of the story" that you obviously ae not hearing.

I posted a thread specifically for you earlier in the week but after no response I deleted. It contained video links to Sunday night's 60 minutes---and it spoke to a number of your talking points---like the "suitcases" in Ga that you have mentioned more than once. They showed the altered and narrated video with lying rudy and then they showed the complete unaltered video narrated by a Republican election official Gabriel Sterling---a different story!

I understand that you don't believe this, but my friend you are buying into lies---not the least of which is to make light of what took place last week at the Capital.

I did watch the first vid you posted about the Ga. votes and " suitcases " I was wrong and freely admit it. I still think however that there was hanky pinky going on with the vote overall.
    The hatred that people have for Trump in no way could equate to biden getting more votes than obama .Especally after he refused to campaign . It just doesn't compute for me.
    Also, I do not make light of the attack on the Capitol. That was in all respects WRONG andI will shout it from the rooftops. I just believe that there was more to it than Trump voters going off the reservation and I will await the final outcome of the investigation before I accept defeat.

Added...https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...porters-storm/

Trump is so polarizing that he brought out more voters, on both sides, than Obama ever dreamed of.

Here's the other side of the same issue - I was so revulsed by Trump personally (apart from his policies) that I could not possibly imagine 75 million people voted for four more years of him.

So it goes. I don't, however, build a conspiracy theory around that result. I just figure opinions vary.